Likes Likes:  0
Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Trustee
    Sergeant
    Post Thanks / Like
    @ Tweak and Guest...

And don't forget about hypoxia! The longer one wears a mask, the lower their blood oxygen levels are going to be.

Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    MP, I thought about that one right after I posted that! There was that driver that passed out at the wheel a couple of weeks ago and crashed for that very reason!

Little Ms. Tweak is required to wear them at work when dealing with customers. She has asthma and they have already caused her a couple of attacks.

I think next time I go to the commissary, I'm going to tell them I can't wear one because of a health condition. When they try to ask me why I'll tell them they can't ask me that because it's a Privacy Act and HIPAA federal law violation for them to demand disclosure with a minimum $100 fine up to $5,000 per offence. That should make their heads spin.

Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tweakstick View Post
    MP, I thought about that one right after I posted that! There was that driver that passed out at the wheel a couple of weeks ago and crashed for that very reason!

Little Ms. Tweak is required to wear them at work when dealing with customers. She has asthma and they have already caused her a couple of attacks.

I think next time I go to the commissary, I'm going to tell them I can't wear one because of a health condition. When they try to ask me why I'll tell them they can't ask me that because it's a Privacy Act and HIPAA federal law violation for them to demand disclosure with a minimum $100 fine up to $5,000 per offence. That should make their heads spin.
    I was in the area and stopped in to get some tax free booze. They won't let you in without a mask. They might buy that but they could just as easily tell you no mask, no entry. I got kicked out of the commissary once because I was wearing "board shorts" but they weren't really board shorts. I've been kicked out for not shaving even though I was on leave. It depends on the base CO and if he/she is an asshole. The shaving thing isn't a thing anymore now that I am not AD but some of them are maximum homo when it comes to rule enforcement.

Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottle_of_Hate View Post
    I was in the area and stopped in to get some tax free booze. They won't let you in without a mask. They might buy that but they could just as easily tell you no mask, no entry. I got kicked out of the commissary once because I was wearing "board shorts" but they weren't really board shorts. I've been kicked out for not shaving even though I was on leave. It depends on the base CO and if he/she is an asshole. The shaving thing isn't a thing anymore now that I am not AD but some of them are maximum homo when it comes to rule enforcement.

That's nuts. I've never shaved once on leave or liberty and it was never an issue. The only time I was ever challenged about my civilian attire was at the club when I had a plain dark blue t-shirt on because it didn't have a pocket. I walked back to my car and grabbed the almost exact same shirt which had a pocket (happened to be laundry day and the machine was broke at my house) and walked right back in. I thought that was a little dress nazi of them but whatever. That was the only problem I've had in over 30 years.

I can't recall you ever saying anything about your service, but could I step out on a limb here and take a wild guess of... Army?

P.S. They actually do have a clause at the bottom of the security sign at the entrance saying "*unless unable to wear for valid medical reasons" so I've got that going for me.
    Last edited by tweakstick; 05-29-2020 at 04:30 PM. Reason: P.S.

Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Midder Peenud Hayed View Post
    @ Tweak and Guest...

And don't forget about hypoxia! The longer one wears a mask, the lower their blood oxygen levels are going to be.
    I've been having to wear one at work since whole thing blew up. The first few I could feel it after about 9-10 hours with a mask on. Not light headed or anything but breathing was heavier for sure.

Senior Trustee
    Sergeant
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottle_of_Hate View Post
    I've been having to wear one at work since whole thing blew up. The first few I could feel it after about 9-10 hours with a mask on. Not light headed or anything but breathing was heavier for sure.
    I am told that I'm in the top 1% for my age group (I'm 46) when it comes to fitness and cardiovascular health. We went to Costco the other day, and I had to wear an N95 mask. It was about an hour. Loading our shit into the wife's car, I felt short of breath. Literally, I had to stop and catch my breath. That hasn't happened to me since I was 12 and had pneumonia.

I couldn't imagine wearing a mask for 9 hours!