The long-anticipated Freaknik documentary on Hulu—aka Freaknik: The Wildest Story Never Told—is finally streaming and has quite a few past Freaknik attendees shaking. In fact, according to a report from News One, there was even a small group of Black professionals who sued Hulu, arguing they never signed media releases for the archival footage used in the film. The implication? There’s unsavory footage of now-grown adults “freaking” as college students in the ’90s at the now-legendary festival.

For the uninitiated, Freaknik was annual Atlanta-based Spring Break festival, which was initially intended for students of historically Black colleges and universities, gained a reputation in the ’90s as a hotbed for scandalous behavior, including public sex, nudity, and, of course, booty shaking. And yes, it was on camera.

One Atlanta resident, Kathleen Bertrand, remembers driving through the festival and seeing “a flatbed truck, I’m sitting behind this truck, and there are women all sitting with their legs wide open and no underwear. It was insane the things that I saw. I was just glad that my kids weren’t in my car.”

“It was like a peep show,” another attendee says. “That’s the best way to describe it.”
https://decider.com/2024/03/21/freak...dos-peep-show/