Max penalty given to teen who stabbed another teenager in fight over McDonald's sauce

The death of Naima Liggon, 16, made international news when police first said she was stabbed after a fight over sweet and sour sauce. Just one day before starting her junior year at Thomas Stone High School in Waldorf, Naima broke curfew and went to a D.C. house party with friends. Afterward, a group of girls went to McDonald's on U Street, where an argument started in the car over sweet and sour sauce. Three girls, including Naima, stepped out of the car and began physically fighting. Naima ended up being stabbed twice by another 16-year-old girl with a 7.5-inch knife.
It's da sauce!

Prosecutors played the video from the MPD interrogation room when detectives asked the 16-year-old if there was a "prior beef" with Naima and she replied, "No - it was about the sauce. I asked for more sauce and she had an attitude."
Liggon said the argument over dipping sauce has sensationalized her daughter’s death.

“This whole idea that Naima was fighting over sweet and sour sauce, that was not the case. I don’t want her death politicized and I don’t want it minimized to a packet of sweet and sour sauce,” she said. “Naima was not instigating a fight. She was breaking up a fight between two other people.”
https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/l...1-14885ed0e618