Quote Originally Posted by Kagman View Post
[SIZE=3]Poor Don... Can't get down to the stripers because all those pesky tuna are hitting the baits before it gets down to them... Impressive fishing. When I was growing up, huge swaths of Jamaica Bay was anoxic.. No fish at all. Amazing turn around. As for 'Irish Lightening' causing the fire at Breezy, it's unlikely if not impossible. The fire started while Breezy Point proper was inundated by Sandy.. There was virtually no one out there so it's impossible it was arson. Flood and fire damage often go hand in hand.. And why would anyone want to burn? These summer homes were were skyrocketing in value and the place was - and remains - quite quant. As I mentioned, the houses were so very close together allowing the fire jumped the storm's standing water between them. My friend posted on Facebook the next day that he had lost his house.. I think the Daily News posted an aerial shot and his house was RIGHT NEXT to the last one burned. I'm the one who told him his house was saved, actually. His plastic siding was melted from the heat from the fire next door - and that house was a total loss. I'm not familiar with Silver Point so I can't comment.
Here's a pic of the fire damage from that day. You can still see the standing water.
That's quite a view of the aftermath. Looks legit, considering the close proximity of the houses. But nothing
burns on Long Island without someone pointing the finger, as arson and insurance fraud are rampant hereabouts.
I've seen some real fuckups in my home town get away with it somehow.
Breezy Point is on Rockaway Inlet, Silver Point is on East Rockaway Inlet, in West Atlantic Beach.