Mom fights to bring pregnant daughter's killer to justice 8 years after she disappeared

It’s been over eight years since Laura Saxton’s 21-year-old pregnant daughter Kelsie Schelling vanished. Saxton still doesn’t have all the answers she’s searched tirelessly for.

From the moment she realized Schelling was missing, Saxton led the fight to find her daughter. She questioned her daughter’s boyfriend Donthe Lucas on the phone herself, organized community searches as the case went cold and followed up on leads through the “Help Find Kelsie” Facebook page -- including one that claimed the young expectant mother was still alive.

“Now that she is gone, I’ve had to turn into a fighter,” Saxton told “20/20.”

When the time came, Saxton even took the stand against her daughter’s killer. Though Lucas has been sentenced to life behind bars for her murder, the exact location of Schelling’s remains have not been revealed and Saxton still hasn’t been able to lay her to rest.

“I'm never going to recover without getting her back,” Saxton said. “I still have nowhere to go to take her flowers, to go sit and talk with her, take her balloons on her birthday, go to her on the holidays. I have nothing. Donthe took that away from me.”
https://abcnews.go.com/US/mom-fights...ry?id=76680879