I own a small business.So,I’m no stranger to telemarketing scammers. I play with them a little, and I usually like to rate them. This last one posing as the power company gets 7/10.They were pretty good.I’m sure they hooked some poor unsuspecting folks. They sounded very realistic.
Anyway, i’m pulling in to the flea market on Saturday morning 9 AM with my wife. I get a call from a local number. I don’t recognize it, but I answer thinking it’s a customer.It sounds like a new yawk spigger straight from a ghetto hood in the bronx talkin ebonics.
The voice on the phone tells me that they are from Florida power and light,they are about to turn off my electricity for insufficient funds. But spigg can’t give me my address and it don’t know my name. Just my business name.But, the delivery was good. It sounded like it coulda been a linesman w/New York accent.
I love to play, so I toyed with it a bit making believe I was worried about my power being shut off. So spigger gives me a one 800 number and tells me to call FPL biz dept, so they can straighten out my problem and it can turn the truck around and not cut off my power.
Anyway,besides having paid my bill, I know as a fact FPL business department is not open on weekends.Cut off’s are only done M – F. I called anyway.It actually sounded like FPL.Similar recording, except they transferred me right to their phony business department after a very brief hold.
A sand nigger asks me my name and address. I told him I don’t give my personal information over the phone, but I could give it my account number. I made up a number and gave it to the fucking idiot.Sand nigger comes right back and says something went wrong with payment. And it proceeded to ask me for the account number or card number which was used in the payment,so we could figure out the problem.I told it a few things about the women in it’s family.Asslifter then hung up.
It’s horrible though, what they try to do. And like I said, I’m sure they got some poor unsuspecting people to give them their card number or their account number. And I think when you willfully give someone your personal banking information, you’re probably fucked.