Close

Likes Likes:  0
    Chimpout Member
    Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like

Grandpappy bought himself a slave

Recently my wife got into genealogy since she finally retired from teaching. The other day she was researching one of my great, great, great grandfathers on my grandad's side of the family. She's looking up what she can of him, and low and behold, she finds a list from the mid-1800's of niggers that were auctioned off one day. Looking at the list, there is my great, etc, etc, grandad, and it shows that he paid something like $368 for a nigger boy. Now, back before the Civil War, $368 sounds like a hellava lot of money, especially for a nigger in training!!! (Probably hadn't raped more than 3-4 girls at that point) He must have been one fine mini-buck, with good pickin' hands. You want to know what was really funny as hell? This nigger boy's name was Dorkus. No freaking kidding!! Dorkus. Honest to God. I about fell over laughing. At least it wasn't Tremitrius or some sheeit like that.

As I was looking this list of sales over, I was getting a pretty good idea of your basic fieldhand negro went for. It looked like your basic full grown nigger was $1000. There were lots of niggers listed that went for a grand each. So, as I'm reading all of this, I'm still thinking, "Man, that's a hellava lot of money 200 years ago to pay for a nigger!! What kind of return on investment can you get? Was this nigger worth it? I have come to the conclusion that today's niggers must be all watered down and degraded. I can't imagine there's a nigger today worth more than $100.

Senior Trustee
    LT. Colonel
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Dorkus." They named niggers then the way they named their horses and mules.

That 1000$ nigger in 1860 would cost 27,000$ today. That's more than an entire Africoon country, including all the niggers, is worth.

Trustee
    Senior Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    My mother's family on both sides had nigger slaves, down in North Carolina. The slave quarters were still standing at the old family farm when I was a kid, along with a carriage house with a buggy in it. A farmer's slaves were far and away the largest investment he made. They usually cost more than the land he farmed.

Trustee
    Lieutenant
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gonna have to redo Roots.

Your name is Dorkus, its a good name. The master gave you that name now say it!

SC Anemia
    Chimpout Guest
    I bet most of them thought thier names were either "nigger" or "boy" cuz dats what massa calls me.