Close

Likes Likes:  8
    Super Moderator
    Senior Crime Reporter
    LT. Colonel
    Post Thanks / Like

Taxpayer funded "study"- Shakespeare made theatre too ‘white, male and cisgender’

The “disproportionate representation” of William Shakespeare in the theatre has propagated “white, able-bodied, heterosexual, cisgender male narratives”, according to researchers in an £800,000 taxpayer-funded project.

The claim has prompted critics to accuse the Arts and Humanities Research Council, which has funded the study by academics at the University of Roehampton, of promoting “cultural clickbait”.

The project, devoted to “centring marginalised communities in the contemporary performance of early modern plays”, is due to be completed in two years’ time.

The researchers want to challenge the “normative trend” in “classical theatre” arising from “the disproportionate representation of William Shakespeare in scholarship and performance”.

In response they are mounting a production of a comedy by Shakespeare’s contemporary John Lyly, Galatea, which features characters disguised as the opposite sex. The researchers say the play offers “an unparalleled affirmative and intersectional demographic, exploring feminist, queer, transgender and migrant lives”.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ds/ar-BB1kpCkI
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to avoid every nigger you meet.

2. Likes Niggers are Useless, Ryan2.0 liked this post
    Senior Trustee
    LT. Colonel
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, I guess 16th century Great Britain was full of NIGGERS, homo sexuals and @$$lifter$!! NOT!!!!!!!! That would be MODERN DAY Great Britain!!

4. Likes Niggers are Useless, Ryan2.0 liked this post
    Chimpout Member
    Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the Olympics graphic, I feel like something is missing from the events. Mudshark wrestling perhaps?

Yeah during Shakespeare's time niggers were still farm equipment, so fuck off queers don't ruin this also.

6. Likes Whitey Ford, Ryan2.0 liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Senior Crime Reporter
    LT. Colonel
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Niggers are Useless View Post
    I love the Olympics graphic, I feel like something is missing from the events. Mudshark wrestling perhaps?

Yeah during Shakespeare's time niggers were still farm equipment, so fuck off queers don't ruin this also.
    Actually, Shakespeare's Othello is about a wild nigger animal that marries a Venetian beauty coalburner named Desdemona. He ends up chimping out and killing her and then batwinging himself. Even The Bard knew the truth.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to avoid every nigger you meet.

8. Likes Ryan2.0, Coon Town liked this post
    Chimpout Member
    Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I saw when reading this "article" was a mess of Lefty buzzword soup.
    Nigger: "Yo, dawg, lemee up in yo crib." Me: Stares in 12 gauge.