Close

Likes Likes:  11
Reply to Thread
    Frank Burns
    Chimpout Guest

Studying for Real Estate License

Look at this nonsense put into the online study materials for a real estate license in my state.

"A Note on Language

You may notice that we choose to capitalize "Black" in this course. We've paid careful attention to linguists, academics, and activists on this topic, and we adopt the stance that when talking about a culture, group of people, or ethnicity, the name should be capitalized.

So, relying on this same group of scholars, we think that "Black" communicates a sense of ethnic cohesion, like "Italian" or "Japanese." While white Americans can refer to themselves as, say, Irish-American or Jewish, Black people often cannot easily and accurately make that connection. That's because the enslavement of people of African heritage and culture resulted in families and communities being torn apart, which also severed ancestral ties.

For many descendants of enslaved Africans, it is therefore nearly impossible to trace and connect to their heritages. For that reason, we capitalize "Black" but not "white" when referring to these racial categories.

For more discussion on this subject, check out American writer and cultural critic Touré Neblett's Who's Afraid of Post-Blackness? What It Means to Be Black Now; journalism professor Lori L. Tharps' piece "The Case for Black with a Capital 'B'" in the New York Times; as well as similar decisions made by the AP Style guide and various news organizations.

Keep in mind: As a real estate agent, your best practice is to go with a client's preferred terminology, as someone could self-identify as "African American," "black," "Jamaican-born," etc."

Needless to say, this section of the study material on the Fair Housing Act is packed full of information relating to niggers. I really have no interest in reading it but I assume the test will cover it extensively.

They also made sure to state that if a person has issues with a particular race, real estate is probably not the career path for you.

2. Likes IseDaDiva, Tar Remover liked this post
    Chimpout Member
    Corrections Officer

Post Thanks / Like
    My son said they have to use code words to direct a client from a bad neighborhood. My dad saw all this coming back in the 1960s.

4. Likes IseDaDiva, Tar Remover liked this post
    Frank Burns
    Chimpout Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticgirl View Post
    My son said they have to use code words to direct a client from a bad neighborhood. My dad saw all this coming back in the 1960s.

It's crazy, so far in my studies it's been about nothing but the importance of civil rights laws and fair housing laws. I guess they really want to make sure you know you can't in any way discriminate against niggers, ass lifters, and others that fit within what they call a "protected class". Personally I think having protected classes of people is bullshit.

6. Likes Celticgirl, Tar Remover liked this post
    Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    coons, baboons.

8. Likes Tar Remover liked this post
    Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    fuck, how much is a fucking nigger mud hut worth ?
    Tough on niggers and the causes of niggers !

10. Likes Tar Remover liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CoonsЯus View Post

A LOT, to the parasites that will inevitably be burrowing in it.....

12. Likes CoonsЯus liked this post
    Trustee
    Lieutenant
    The most nigger free location I could find
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CoonsЯus View Post
    My neoghbor the driller is putting his up for sale and it’ll probably be around 600k. Needless to say, today is a good day.

14. Likes CoonsЯus, Tar Remover liked this post
    Trustee
    Senior Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Notice how all the protected classes are the kinds of swine that no normal person would ever want as a neighbor?