Close

Likes Likes:  0
    Don't Question The NewsBot
    LT. Colonel
    Post Thanks / Like

IQ and Its Woes: A Reverent Analysis

Fred Reed takes a poke at cold-winters theory.
    The post IQ and Its Woes: A Reverent Analysis appeared first on American Renaissance.

More...

Trustee
    Senior Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    From American Rennesance: " Eskimos as, well, just a minor exception, ahem, well. No. Eskimos are clear, unmistakable proof that living In harsh cold does not require high intelligence. Period. So much for the theory."

I suggest that this postulate may be in error. I'm going to propose the argument that Eskimos have not had enough time in Northern climes, as a race, for the full evolutionary impact of 'The Cold' to be expressed phenotypically. I base that argument on a very simple observation: Eskimos have not physiologically adapted to colder climes as is evidenced by their dark color. Sunlight is necessary for Vitamin D synthesis in humans. Dark skin hampers that production. Having lived in Alaska for a total of 3 + years and traveled from South East to Bristol to the North Slope, there is a tendency for natives (Tsimshian, Aleut, Eskimo) to be of LIGHTER skin as one moves further North (my observations only). If true, this is consistent with the evolutionary theory that northern climes sellect for lighter color skin. Yes, they are still relatively DARK up in Barrow suggesting that the evolutionary process is on-going.

If true, the limited intelligence shown by Eskimos would be consistent with their incomplete physiological evolution to colder climes.
    At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of spoiled brats. - PJ O'Rourke