A Man Who Is A Self-Proclaimed "Racist" Is Trying To Reconcile With His Own Mixed Daughter

KING 5 shared a video on their YouTube channel about a dad who claims he is racist even though he has a black daughter. Steve Ramey a man from Washington, was interviewed with KING 5 talking about how he came to discover that he was racist.

He begins his interview by stating, “I was kind of raised, you know, to be us against them. I know that if I see a group of white kids and I see a group of black kids, I’m going to be more on guard with the black kids because of the way that I was trained, the way I was raised”.
Steve claims that even though it’s a harsh thing to say and that he doesn’t really want to say it, he is racist and doesn’t want to be. Steve even says he doesn’t mean to be racist. I feel some people would take that offensively, but I see it as a man raised to think one way and trying his hardest to rewire the thought process that he was taught since he was young.

Steve's daughter Caitlin, whom he has raised she since was 5 years old, is mixed. Caitlin is then the focus of the interview, stating, “I went to a mostly white school. I would be called names a lot. They’d call me brownie or like racist names”.

Caitlin then claims that her schoolmates didn’t know that she was racist and that she was confused about her identity.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...9dcc1c9b7855bb