Close

Likes Likes:  11
    Chimpout Member
    Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like

Nazis Commies and Black Lives (Don't) Matter

Yesterday I was working at the museum I manage an antique model train exhibit at, and I was talking with another staff member about some restoration work I plan to do soon. There's some rust spots on the frames of some of the freight cars and I want to address that. The other guy and I were walking and talking, and at one point, I told him, "Rust is an enemy to be destroyed like Nazis and Commies", given my usual over the top passion for my work, this is about typical of me. Then we hear another voice speak up "Or Black Lives Matter, right?" and absentmindedly I say "Them too" figuring it was probably one of the staff member who said that. I turn, and it was a museum guest, old guy, had a Korean War veterans cap on, and he added that he didn't have friends and family die fighting the nazis and commies just so "Coons" as he called them, could have their way.

That sure put a smile on my face and the face of the guy I was talking to.
    The only good coal burner runs on steel rails.

Super Moderator
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    God bless that old war horse!

3. Likes IseDaDiva liked this post
    Senior Trustee
    Senior Corrections Officer

Post Thanks / Like
    Praise him!!

5. Likes Tar Remover, IseDaDiva liked this post
    Trustee
    Lieutenant
    The most nigger free location I could find
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should’ve directed him to the site.

7. Likes Tar Remover, IseDaDiva liked this post
    Chimpout Member
    Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by I aint bin dun did dat! View Post
    Should’ve directed him to the site.
    Most of the staff would be right at home here too. But, I have a boss, our curator, that would be a problem. See, the model train exhibit it on the fringes of the museum's scope, it's overall a car museum, but has some small boats, a small plane, and an old steam locomotive too. Our curator has wanted to get rid of the model trains for a long time, and the big train layout I manage is a replica of a famous model train layout. Well, famous among hobbyists at least. When I started at this museum, the layout was in terrible shape, and it's now a poorly kept 'open' secret the curator hired me with the intent I would be unable to get it working properly, and then she would have just cause to scrap the entire exhibit. The museum's board of directors insist it be kept, but in its condition when I started, they were considering agreeing to scrap it.

So, in the interest of keeping a piece of history alive, and in the interest of allowing our guests to relive the magic of the trains of the 1940s and 1950s, I really have to hold my tongue on a lot of things. Even though our curator would be at home here too, I don't think she would be above using any mention of Chimpout to fire me, then scrap the exhibit.
    The only good coal burner runs on steel rails.

9. Likes I aint bin dun did dat! liked this post
    Trustee
    Senior Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Korean War vets are real forgotten heroes - mostly because they fought the commies and now our media is controlled by commies.

11. Likes IseDaDiva liked this post