Quote Originally Posted by tweakstick View Post
One of the hardest facts of life to swallow is that there are not two humans on the face of this Earth that will agree on every subject. Even if you think you have the perfect mate, you could be twenty years in only to find that she will still insist on putting the toilette paper roll on backwards no matter how often the cat showed her repeatedly via the pile of paper by the toilette that she had it wrong the whole time.

Sometimes, it's best just to let shit slide. While Mrs. Tweak will eventually admit that I am right some 95% of the time, there is no telling how much time I have wasted trying to convince her of things that are common sense to me. She will readily admit that if it were not for meeting me, she would likely have been on her third husband and would likely be a democrat, just like most of the rest of her idiot family. This did NOT happen overnight. I also had to let her find out a lot of things on her own by planting seeds and watching them grow without taking Roundup to the whole garden. Sometimes, that's all you can do.

In the mean time, I figure that my job as her husband is to keep her safe, housed, fed, and happy - IN THAT ORDER! This means her happiness, unfortunately for her, comes last. It's a hard pill for her to swallow and it's the same everywhere. Just keep her away from niggers as best you can to keep her safe. She will see it eventually and even if she never admits that you were right, does it really matter? Remember the goal is that her safety comes first. Your own happiness isn't even part of your job description. Do everything right, and it will become hers. The man makes for the living, the woman makes the living worthwhile.

Don't try to fix everything that's wrong with her. For some damned inexplicable reason, women don't even want you to bring them a glass of water when they complain about being thirsty but don't mind you doing it after they are done complaining about their dry mouths. Then, and only then, may you offer them the glass. I don't write or bother to make sense of these rules, I'm just trying to observe them to the extent that I can tolerate them while still molding hearts and minds.

Choose your battles, my friend. Don't look for them or try to fight every one. It's bad for survival. Sun Tzu rules apply in life as well as war.
Thanks Tweak, well said. I know there's just some things she wants her way. There's a method to load the dishwasher. To put the trash liners. To recycle stuff. She says I just have my own way of doing things, and differently for her. I said that she'd be hard pressed to find a guy who will be like her in these little things. (I happen to believe these are little things, but to her they're important.) I always maintain that all material things are just things, and while we take care not to break stuff, they happen. I'm staying so that means I'm still accepting her behavior, though, there's been many times I just want to leave. I have my own place, but sometimes I let compassion make me stay. And my anger does subside. I'm not worried to be alone, and I'm damn sure I can get another GF, just that I'd hate to do the whole dating thing again, and having to discern the filthy burners and liberals.

We don't have children, so we bond most on animals, corgis and cats. And it's funny to be with someone who is also so thrifty.

I do, however, tell her, that it should be fair game to say the N word, so long as they don't stop saying it. I hardly say it around her, but she knows how I can't stand them. I know she's set in her ways, and so am I. Our politics still align, it just boils down to - she still thinks niggers are human and can be equals, while I say differently.

BTW I always refer to Africans have not evolved higher thinking skills, and therefore human culture, because their environment is so hot that they can't think of anything but the heat. And for millions of years, they just don't act or think like us. Facts are facts, but she thinks they can change to help themselves. I said, no amount of support, money and societal, will ever make them change for the better.