Fresno mother in shock after daughter fatally shot by boyfriend. ‘She was my everything’

Fresno police say Deisha Guzman, 20, was killed by boyfriend Christopher Jordan, 22, inside a room at the Hampton Inn & Suites on Fir Avenue near Herndon Avenue and Highway 41. Jordan was allegedly handling a handgun he thought was empty, according to police, but it fired. A single bullet hit Guzman in her lower body as she was lying on a couch. Emergency personnel responded, but she was pronounced dead at Saint Agnes Medical Center. Guzman’s mother, Jessica Madrigal, spoke with The Fresno Bee about her daughter Tuesday, saying she was the youngest and the only girl in a family that included four brothers.

Guzman began dating Jordan about three weeks ago. He lives in Madera and when he would come to visit, they would sometimes stay in local motels, Madrigal said. Her first impression of him was positive.“He seemed to be a good kid, respectful and well-mannered,” she said. But then there was an issue about the gun. Madrigal visited the couple not long ago while they were staying at the Motel 6 at Herndon and Blackstone avenues. On the counter in the room was a black handgun. “I saw the gun on the counter and I looked at my daughter,” Madrigal said. “I don’t like guns and I knew my daughter did not like guns, either.”
https://www.fresnobee.com/news/local...264802399.html