Close

Likes Likes:  5
    Super Moderator
    Senior Crime Reporter
    LT. Colonel
    Post Thanks / Like

Asian people buying up guns in huge, record numbers...gee, I wonder why LOL

Asian Americans are buying guns in record numbers. What's caused this surge?

Vivian Moon, a real estate agent and artist, had never felt particularly afraid as a woman living alone in Buena Park, a small California city outside Los Angeles. But when violent attacks against Asian women and seniors increased across the US early last year, she became disillusioned with the police’s ability – and willingness – to protect people who looked like her.

So, like many other Americans of Asian descent, she decided to buy a gun. “I realized I have to take ownership of how I want to live my life,” said Moon, 33.

In the year since, Moon said she’s made an effort to reach out and teach her friends, many of whom are women of color, about gun safety. As a Korean woman who grew up in the 1990s, Moon is also inspired by the legacy of the Los Angeles uprising and the armed Korean immigrants who defended their businesses on rooftops when riots broke out in South Central. “Back then Korean Americans took a stand and took their safety into their own hands,” she said.

Nathan Tiep, 42, and his wife are in the process of buying their first gun after seeing news coverage of home invasions near their neighborhood of Boyle Heights. Tiep, the son of Cambodian refugees, grew up in Long Beach in the 1990s, where deadly clashes between Asian and Latino gangs made him numb to gun violence. “We knew what guns can do but weren’t afraid of it,” he said.

More so than the surge in attacks against Asians, Tiep said his decision to buy a gun was shaped by the Black Lives Matter protests during the pandemic, which have shattered his trust in law enforcement.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...box=1660644418
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to avoid every nigger you meet.

2. Likes Tar Remover liked this post
    Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Getting a gun is a step in the right direction. Learning how to use it would be another! I’ve owned and carried guns for all of my adult life. In the most important part for me is training with them knowing what to do,just in case.

4. Likes Tar Remover, Whitey Ford liked this post
    Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure as hell they scoured all the Chinatowns and found one person who isn't aware that it is blakks attacking Chinese.

6. Likes Tar Remover liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    The entire Asian community knows that it isn't white folks attacking them. It's niggers.

8. Likes Whitey Ford liked this post