Close

Likes Likes:  0
    Administrator
    LT. Colonel
    Post Thanks / Like

Spelling bee niglet given "apery" and still gets it wrong

You couldn't make this up! The niglet obviously was faking it, then came back and still couldn't do a far easier word.

Annie-Lois Acheampong, one of three spellers from Ghana, didn't get that far in her first try. She labored successfully through her first word, “coulrophobia” — fear of clowns — and then was asked to define “edamame.” She smiled initially, but when she crossed her legs and couldn't stand still, it was clear something else was going on.

“I think I'm going to pee myself,” the 13-year-old eighth grader said. “Can I go pee? I'm very sorry.”

She scurried off the stage before she got an answer from the stunned judges, who paused the competition and conferred about how to handle the situation.

“That was a first,” head judge Mary Brooks, who's been involved with the bee for 50 years, said later.

The judges ultimately decided to let Annie-Lois return after the day's last scheduled speller. She got her substitute vocabulary word right but faltered on the spelling of “apery” to conclude the day's action. Although Annie-Lois could have been eliminated for exceeding the 30-second time limit for the earlier vocabulary question, Brooks said the speller's clock was paused because she was experiencing a legitimate emergency.
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...201212369.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NZV3YXR7WRGK5JABLPKUBBMZ44.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	189.9 KB 
ID:	19982
    We know the world is messed up when a Kenya-born Muslim returns as President, Snowden fled to HK and Russia to escape the U.S. govt, George Zimmerman was put on trial, Colin Kapernick was GQ's Citizen of the Year, Dems steal a presidential election, and BLM is nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Administrator
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get the point of a spelling bee. I'm a grammar Nazi myself, but to spell words that no one will use in 99% of normal conversation, seems like a futile endeavor.

I demand that words like niggardly, snigger, niggles, nigaphobe, and similar ones be included.
    Coalburning is bestiality.