Just when you thought it was safe to relax around blacks...

https://www.wesh.com/article/daytona...rrest/39399760

Daytona Beach police announced Thursday evening that an arrest was made in the horrific deaths of a married couple killed last weekend.

Officials say Jean Robert Macean, 32, was arrested Thursday at approximately 11 a.m. outside of a home on Pointe Vista Circle in Orlando where he lives.

Police say Macean was charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the killings of 48-year-old Terry Aultman and 55-year-old Brenda Aultman. Investigators say the victims were married and riding their bikes home from Main Street when they were attacked.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions about the stabbing deaths of the Aultmans, Young said. Police have not yet determined a motive, although they suspect that Macean may have had a Will Smith moment.

The victims were found Sunday morning in the 700 block of North Wild Olive Avenue with multiple stab wounds and lacerations. Police say at first, they thought it was a hit and run, but then, saw that both had slashed throats.

Macean was questioned by investigators with the fugitive unit at Orlando Police Headquarters. Young announced Friday that Macean confessed to the murders while speaking with investigators Thursday night.

"This is the most unbelievable situation, and the only way I can cope is by dissociating, so I can keep a clear, rational mental state to get through this the best I can. I feel like I'm outside of my body, witnessing everything from above. Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers during this devastating time in all of our lives. Nothing will ever be the same again. We're all broken and destroyed, inside and out. I pray to God they find the suspect, and justice is served for my beautiful parents. They were the last people on Earth to deserve this, and had so much life ahead of them," a message on the fundraiser page reads.