Quote Originally Posted by tweakstick View Post
Yeah, the last time I remember us actually using thermobaric weapons was in Fallujah and the mountains of Afghanistan. I have no moral issue with them whatsoever.

What I do have an issue with is that we don't use them in defense or an actual declared war. We had no damn business in Iraq and I'm not even going into the Afghan/911 subject - that could take hours. We seem to be fighting in endless war after endless war for someone else's interest and never our defense or as Constitutionally directed and morally required.

I say when that when it comes to making war, first it should be a just, righteous course as proven to, and approved by, the Congress. After this seriously contemplated action is approved, there is no other way to accomplish the goal of war but to go in fast, utterly destroy the enemy (and only the enemy when feasible) by any means necessary, without cease until they are completely demoralized, broken, unable to wage further war and unconditionally surrendered - in that order. If it's not unconditional, you're doing it wrong.

Not being well prepared with the most effective tools to accomplish these goals and nothing short of them, is simply inexcusable. The word tools must include the unencumbered authority to use them at the warfighter's discretion. Responsibility must include authority.
That's our problem, while we're tangled up getting authorization from the chain of command, the enemy is letting
it fly downrange. Iraq could have worked out well, if we turned it into our gas station. At worst, going there served
the same purpose as Vietnam - we and our enemies needed to duke it out somewhere. Maybe out killing our opponents
20-1 isn't victory, but it's something. Dip-shitting around for years is where we fuck it up. No more "Nation building", please !