‘My son is severely hurt’: Teen charged, accused of lighting another student’s hair on fire

teen has been charged after allegedly lighting a 13-year-old student’s hair on fire right in the middle of class.

The incident happened Wednesday at John Rolfe Middle School in Henrico. The boy’s mother, who does not want to be named says her son is at VCU Medical Center suffering from second and third-degree burns.
He had long, curly, just a nice head of hair, it was beautiful,” his mother said. “All I could hear the teacher say over the phone was something is happening with my son.

According to police, Henrico Fire and Police responded to John Rolfe Middle School around 12:30 p.m. for a victim who was suffering non-life-threatening burns. A school resource officer was able to assist her son until fire officials arrived to take him to the hospital.

The mother says she was told by administrators that the school was on lockdown due to COVID-19 contact tracing, so her son’s math class was having lunch in the classroom. She says her son went to throw away his tray when another student approached him from behind with a lighter.

“That’s when the girl kind of flicked the lighter and lit his hair on fire,” the mother said.
https://www.nbc12.com/2022/01/14/my-...nts-hair-fire/