When I was little, I lived in the lilly white suburbs, only seeing "chocolate" people when my parents would drag me downtown on business or shopping trips.

I quickly noticed spooks had a monopoly on a lot of jobs. We'd take the bus downtown (my dad didn't want his car stolen) and the bus driver was always a spook wearing what I thought was a policeman's hat.

Mom would shop at a multi floor department store, you could ride the escalator or the elevator. The elevator didn't have a control panel in the car, it had a monkey on a stool pulling a lever always asking "wa floe".

When we would hit up the five and dime lunch counter, a mammy filled the water glasses there too. My brother and I would laugh because the black was coming off her paws... we thought from washing water glasses. (When was the last time you saw a smoke with white paws from working?)

If I had to take a leak, there was some pedo or homo coon in the head offering you a hand towel after you washed your hands.

Here a coon, there a coon, everywhere a coon coon.

Anyway, you sorta became accustomed to this and in time, never really paid attention to them any longer.

I think television commercials are headed in that direction.

Here a coon, there a coon, in every commercial a coon coon!

You will expect every commercial has a coon in it and you'll just become accustomed to it ... no longer noticing the coon.

Maybe eventually they'll fade off into the sunset like the monkey on the stool in the elevator. We can only hope!