Close

Likes Likes:  1
    Super Moderator
    Senior Crime Reporter
    LT. Colonel
    Post Thanks / Like

Uninsured nigger gunshot victims cost Cleveland Hospital $675,000 a month

Gunshot Victims Cost One Hospital $672,000 a Month, and It's Only Going Up

A single urban trauma center that treated nearly 1,000 gunshot victims over a more-than 2-year period spent an average of nearly $675,000 a month on their care, a new report finds.

Over a 27-month period ending in 2018, the total cost of patient treatment for gun-related injuries reached $18.1 million, reported Heather Vallier, MD, of MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland, and colleagues during a poster session at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons annual meeting.

Now, thanks to a pandemic-era jump in gun violence, the per-month cost is estimated to surpass $1 million. The hospital (MetroHealth), and taxpayers, will have to eat much of the cost as many of these patients are uninsured.

"We knew it would be a lot of money, but I thought we'd be spending less," Vallier, an orthopedic trauma surgeon, told MedPage Today. "It's a huge economic burden to the hospital system."
    https://www.medpagetoday.com/meetingcoverage/aaos/94317
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to avoid every nigger you meet.

2. Likes LeQuint Dickey Mining Co. liked this post
    Chimpout Member
    Senior Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh its got to be waaaay more than that. I was in the hospital for a month, December 2020, with what they thought at the time was pneumonia,I'm pretty sure it was Covid since they hadn't pinpointed Covid at the time, and my bill alone was $900,000. I didn't have surgery or anything other than occasional respitory therapy.