Close

Likes Likes:  22
    Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like

Racist Royalty : Married To My Mom's Cousin, MLB's Dixie Walker

My mother's cousin married National League slugger Dixie Walker in 1936. He played as a right fielder in Major League Baseball from 1931 to 1949. Although Walker was a five-time All-Star selection, and won a National League batting championship (1944) as well as an RBI championship (1945) as a member of the Brooklyn Dodgers, his accomplishments as a player were overshadowed by his attempt to keep Jackie Robinson from joining the Dodgers in 1947. He also played for the New York Yankees, Chicago White Sox, Detroit Tigers and Pittsburgh Pirates.
    In 11 years in the National League, Walker posted a .310 batting average (in nine seasons in the American League, an average of .295), with 105 total home runs and 1,023 RBIs in 1,905 games. He suggested he would not play for the Dodgers if a black baseball player were permitted on the team. He reportedly initiated a player petition within the Dodgers in 1947, opposing Jackie Robinson joining the team, and he wrote a letter to Dodgers owner Branch Rickey asking to be traded. ”A very popular player, a charming fellow, [Dixie Walker] prepared a petition [for Dodgers manager Leo Durocher] saying, ‘If you promote a black man [Robinson], we will not play.’ He was one of the first Americans to be "Cancelled", being traded to the Pirates soon after.
    My mom remembers his dog, a large black Labrador named Nigger. Needless to say, he was comfortable dropping the N-bomb.

Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Cizzums View Post
    My mom remembers his dog, a large black Labrador named Nigger. Needless to say, he was comfortable dropping the N-bomb.
    we would have been best friends Ray, best buddies indeed !
    Tough on niggers and the causes of niggers !

Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh,the good all days! Niggers knew their place.

Administrator
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who was the genius(es) who thought niggers could be allowed to play in major sports? THAT action is why we have so many mutant, mixed shit abominations these days! Sports niggers started the nigger worship, the acceptance of niggers as humans, then equals, then good enough as partners, monkey sperm donors, etc. Rampant miscegenation ensued, dumbing down our species. If I had the power, the first I would send to Africa are the liberals and the mixed breeds, because they're the ones who push for all this crap. Full niggers are so dumb, they always dindu nuffin. They'll fit right in with Niggerians.

Just do what we do: don't support nigger sports!
    Coalburning is bestiality.

Chimpout Member
    Senior Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Cizzums View Post
    My mother's cousin married National League slugger Dixie Walker in 1936. He played as a right fielder in Major League Baseball from 1931 to 1949. Although Walker was a five-time All-Star selection, and won a National League batting championship (1944) as well as an RBI championship (1945) as a member of the Brooklyn Dodgers, his accomplishments as a player were overshadowed by his attempt to keep Jackie Robinson from joining the Dodgers in 1947. He also played for the New York Yankees, Chicago White Sox, Detroit Tigers and Pittsburgh Pirates.
    In 11 years in the National League, Walker posted a .310 batting average (in nine seasons in the American League, an average of .295), with 105 total home runs and 1,023 RBIs in 1,905 games. He suggested he would not play for the Dodgers if a black baseball player were permitted on the team. He reportedly initiated a player petition within the Dodgers in 1947, opposing Jackie Robinson joining the team, and he wrote a letter to Dodgers owner Branch Rickey asking to be traded. ”A very popular player, a charming fellow, [Dixie Walker] prepared a petition [for Dodgers manager Leo Durocher] saying, ‘If you promote a black man [Robinson], we will not play.’ He was one of the first Americans to be "Cancelled", being traded to the Pirates soon after.
    Should've been inducted into the Hall of Fame years ago.

6. Likes Ray Cizzums, Tar Remover, Sandy liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's DEFINITELY OUR kind of hero!

8. Likes Ray Cizzums, Sandy liked this post