https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...port-says.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	queernavy.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	16194

A scathing new report commissioned by members of Congress has claimed that the Navy's surface warfare forces have systemic training and leadership issues, including a focus on diversity that overshadows basic readiness skills. The report prepared by Marine Lt. Gen. Robert Schmidle and Rear Adm. Mark Montgomery, both retired, came in response to recent Naval disasters, including the burning of the USS Bonhomme Richard in San Diego, two collisions involving Navy ships in the Pacific and the surrender of two small craft to Iran.

One of the key issues raised by the officers interviewed for the report was a concern that Navy leaders spend more time focusing on diversity training than on developing warfighting capacity and key operational skills. 'The general unwillingness to rehabilitate one-off mistakes, the disinclination to weigh errors against the totality of a naval career, and the practice of discipline-by-paperwork, were broadly understood to be a drain on the Navy's retention efforts,' the report stated.

One respondent recalled that he had informed his admiral: 'I've got people that I know for certain are not proficient in watch standing.' And you know what they [told] me? 'Qualify them anyway.'

The report concluded: 'A major peer-level conflict in the 21st Century will likely play out largely in the naval theaters of operations; unlike the surface Navy's last major war, which concluded 76 years ago, such a conflict will likely proceed swiftly and not permit significant time for organizational learning once it is underway.'

'Unless changes are made, the Navy risks losing the next major conflict.'
Of course, some of this nonsense affects other branches of the military as well, but it is nonetheless something that is disheartening.