Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sandman View Post
Some of us don't have the luxury of being so open because of reputations in our professions. I've had libtards try to dox me before, and the nicest-seeming neighbor could still turn around and secretly try to get me fired. It shouldn't happen, but it can and does.
My deal is that I’ve been in this area doing 5 star work for 30 yrs.And I’ve been getting good reviews for the last 15 years. I have over 100 five star reviews on different sites.Got a few 4 star reviews and a 1 star review on Google ,after I wouldn’t allow an old lady to short me $150 because she thought we did the work too quickly.So,I went and got my demo hammer and told her I was removing $150 worth of tile. She paid me in full and gave me a one star review saying the quality was good,but I did the work fast and was overpriced and rude.I responded with pics and facts,so the review didn’t really do me much harm.And that was over 100 five star reviews ago.
I’m not really worried about the random assholes that you’re going to get no matter what. Because you can’t please everyone. Most of my customers like me. But,you’ll always get one that is just not going to like you,no matter what you do.
I’m more worried about the spiteful liberals that would get all their hateful liberal acquaintances to post bad reviews and sling mud at you on Facebook. They can get strangers to just start giving you bad reviews for a false reason.Even if they never met you or hired you!
I am established and have plenty of customers that call me and refer me.I have to refuse jobs because I’m over booked and I don’t work long days anymore.But that’s not the point for me. I just don’t want some liberal motherfucker fucking with me. I would probably pay someone anonymously to go to their house and handle my personal business violently.Good thing is that I’ve learned to spot liberal assholes and they don’t make it past the estimate or phonecall sometimes.I quote high and say I’m booked for months. I won’t work for someone if I have a bad feeling about them. And after 30 years on the job,I trust my feelings.