Close

Likes Likes:  0
    Administrator
    LT. Colonel
    Post Thanks / Like

The unfunny Chris Rock is redoing "Saw" with the woke killer going after cops

I did not like "Saw" and didn't bother with the sequels. When I rented the DVD, I stopped maybe 1/4 through. If I'd seen it in the theater, I'd have walked right out. But even with my dislike, I find this just stupid. I hope this trash flops and bankrupts the studio.

When it came to Spiral, though — the new humor-laced Saw spin-off Rock lobbied Lionsgate to let him make — the 56-year-old comedian and actor had no misgivings about putting on a badge to play a Metro City detective.

“I never really starred as a cop, and it’s almost like a comedian rite of passage, especially Black comedians,” Rock tells Yahoo Entertainment (watch above), pointing to Eddie Murphy (Beverly Hills Cop), Martin Lawrence (Bad Boys), Chris Tucker (Rush Hour) and Kevin Hart (Ride Along). “It’s such a thing. [But] I didn’t want to do it like everybody else. I’m like, ‘Hmmm. What if it had a little horror in it?

“But no, I did not second guess playing a cop at all.”

Rock’s self-described “weird relationship with the cops” as a Black man does reverberate through Spiral, though. While the Saw franchise’s longtime killer Jigsaw targeted law enforcement plenty of times in the past with his morality tests and death traps, the Jigsaw copycat killer in Spiral exclusively targets cops, some of whom have shot unarmed men. It all makes the social justice element of Spiral — which was written in 2018 and filmed in summer, 2019, a year before the racial reckoning that followed the police killing of George Floyd — feel more pointed today. Or as IndieWire film critic David Ehrlich put it, “Saw is woke now.”
    We know the world is messed up when a Kenya-born Muslim returns as President, Snowden fled to HK and Russia to escape the U.S. govt, George Zimmerman was put on trial, Colin Kapernick was GQ's Citizen of the Year, Dems steal a presidential election, and BLM is nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Super Moderator
    Senior Crime Reporter
    LT. Colonel
    Post Thanks / Like
    The last season of the once great tv show Fargo had Chris Rock in it as a nigger gangster. That season was an exercise in nigger worship and whitey hating, and boy did it ever suck. Every season up until that one was awesome. And was actually set in Fargo. They really ruined that franchise pretty badly .
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to avoid every nigger you meet.

Senior Trustee
    Lieutenant
    Post Thanks / Like
    The first couple of Saws were okay. But even then they had a cop they knocked off, Donny Wahlberg, for some dumb reason. But at least it was nigger free.
    The only "advanced nigger run nation" in the world, Wakanda, is in a pre-adolescent, comic book, super hero fantasy created by whites.
    I learned racism from the nigs. I am not a white supremacist, just a black inferioricist.