I'm an ER nurse (luckily in a "good" hospital where we don't have many groids, either as staff or patients), but the occasional shine does find its way in.

This one's from about three years ago. Skinny teenage buck with a sprained ankle hobbles in, accompanied by its fat mammy. Buck says it's thirsty, so being the professional that I am, I get it a cup of water. Instead of saying thank you like a human would, the jig ooks, "Ain't y'all got no orange soda in dis muhfugga?"

Now this is near the end of a long shift for me, so I'm a little snarkier than I normally would be. I say in a deadpan voice, "No, we ain't got no orange soda in dis muhfugga." This leads to a minor cat. 1 chimpout from the mammy, who ooks something about "why you gotsta talk like dat," to which I reply, "Ma'am, I was just repeating what your son said. You didn't seem to have a problem with his words; I don't understand why you have a problem with mine." More muttering and grumbling from the sow, followed by "jus do yo job an takes care of muh baybee."

After I related the story to some of my "nigger aware" colleagues, any time the drink cabinet in the cafeteria would be out of orange soda, someone would inevitably say, "Ain't y'all got no orange soda in dis muhfugga?"