Microsoft is planning to roll out text prediction support to Word in March, according to the Microsoft 365 roadmap. Text predictions in Word, spotted earlier by tech news website Neowin, will work similarly to Smart Compose in Google Docs. Text prediction uses machine learning to anticipate the word or phrase the author needs to type next for quicker text composition.
https://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-...rd-next-month/

I don't use Google Docs (LibreOffice for me) and didn't realize it does the same. In this time of Big Brother, it smells to me like Big Tech has servers capturing a person's writing style so the feds can match it to posts on anon forums. If the feds want to know who someone is on a site like this, they grab enough posts to generate a "fingerprint," then ask Big Tech to find possible matches (IP addresses and the name someone gave Word to be embedded in documents). I'm glad I already purposely alter my writing style on this forum. I'm known for a couple of catchphrases, certain ways of phrasing things, that I consciously avoid here in case I'm recognized. I'm not the most active on social media but figure I'm on someone's watch list, because of a friend who's fairly prominent in politics and has a controversial page.

At this time, I'd like to remind everyone to be extra careful in how much you reveal of yourself. Even first names shouldn't be given. Assume you're under surveillance. The way Big Tech is going, there's no such thing as being too paranoid.