https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new...letproof-vests

A New York lawmaker is proposing legislation that would ban the use or possession of bulletproof vests by most law-abiding citizens.

Assemblyman Jonathan G. Jacobson, a Democrat, introduced the bill, A. 353, earlier this month to amend an existing law that bans use of body armor by criminals committing a felony with a firearm.

His bill would require law abiding New York residents to turn over their bulletproof vests to police within 15 days after the law takes effect.

The number of shootings in New York City soared 97% from 777 in 2019 to 1,531 in 2020, and murders jumped by 44% from 319 to 462, the New York Police Department found.
So New York is defunding the police and trying to take away the ability of the citizens to protect themselves.

What's next?

Will they take away their guns?

I find it highly suspect that they would want to punish law abiding citizens in this manner. I can understand taking some stuff away from criminals, but not American citizens.

On the other hand, it would make a state sanctioned purge MUCH easier if certain people lack the ability to protect themselves.

For some reason this reminds me of the time, shortly after 9/11, when we sent our troops to Iraq without body armor. That was kinda stupid.