Close

Likes Likes:  0
    Chimpout Member
    Senior Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Chimpout Fact Check: Hunter Biden

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/10/polit...den/index.html

On Wednesday, we learned that Hunter Biden, the son of President-elect Joe Biden, is under investigation by federal prosecutors in Delaware regarding several financial questions that have arisen as a result of his business dealings in foreign countries -- most notably China.

"I learned yesterday for the first time that the U.S. Attorney's Office in Delaware advised my legal counsel, also yesterday, that they are investigating my tax affairs," Hunter Biden said on Wednesday. "I take this matter very seriously but I am confident that a professional and objective review of these matters will demonstrate that I handled my affairs legally and appropriately, including with the benefit of professional tax advisors."

Republicans -- led by President Donald Trump -- rushed to argue that the investigation, which has been reportedly ongoing since 2018, was proof positive that Hunter Biden should have been a bigger issue in the just-concluded 2020 campaign.

What we know is that Hunter Biden had dealings with Chinese companies both during and after his father served as vice president. Consider:

* In 2013, he became involved with and eventually was placed on the board of a directors of a Chinese investment fund management company known as BHR. He resigned from that role in October 2019 and, in a letter posted to Medium by his lawyer, insisted he had never received any sort of compensation for his role.
    * In 2017, Hunter Biden worked on securing a deal with CEFC China Energy to invest in US energy companies. That same year, the founder of CEFC gave Hunter a 2.8-karat diamond during a business meeting in Miami. Hunter Biden told the New Yorker in 2019 that he hadn't kept the diamond. "I knew it wasn't a good idea to take it," he told the New Yorker. "I just felt like it was weird."

What we also know is that in 2019, the FBI seized a laptop purportedly belonging to Hunter Biden and alleged to include business documents and other personal materials.
    My conclusion?

Fake news.

I mean, seriously? They gaslighted Republicans when they brought it up prior to the elections, and told them they were a bunch of batshit crazy tinfoil hat wearers.

And now... they are proving that we were right the entire time. What else were we right about?

Fraudulent votes, maybe?

Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation in which a person or a group covertly sows seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or group, making them question their own memory, perception, or judgment. It may evoke changes in them such as cognitive dissonance or low self-esteem, rendering the victim additionally dependent on the gaslighter for emotional support and validation. Using denial, misdirection, contradiction, and misinformation, gaslighting involves attempts to destabilize the victim and delegitimize the victim's beliefs.

Instances can range from the denial by an abuser that previous abusive incidents occurred, to belittling the victim's emotions and feelings, to the staging of bizarre events by the abuser with the intention of disorienting the victim. The goal of gaslighting is to gradually undermine the victim’s confidence in their own ability to distinguish truth from falsehood, right from wrong, or reality from delusion, thereby rendering the individual or group pathologically dependent on the gaslighter for their thinking and feelings.
    If it is wrong to hate niggers, I don't want to be right.

Senior Trustee
    LT. Colonel
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodman Grey View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/10/polit...den/index.html

My conclusion?

Fake news.

I mean, seriously? They gaslighted Republicans when they brought it up prior to the elections, and told them they were a bunch of batshit crazy tinfoil hat wearers.

And now... they are proving that we were right the entire time. What else were we right about?

Fraudulent votes, maybe?
    Yep!!