Close

Likes Likes:  2
    Chimpout Member
    Senior Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like

How to stand up to your racist, fascist, bigoted white family members

This year, don't take their white privilege, or yours, sitting down while you eat turkey. Make Thanksgiving a living Hell for your friends and family!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thanksgivinghate922843.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	304.7 KB 
ID:	12988

https://www.cavalierdaily.com/articl...-racist-family

This holiday season, white progressives need to remain consistent with their supposed commitment to social justice — they need to stand up to their racist loved ones.

While the results of the election spurred celebration across the country, white progressives must not be complacent. Yes, a proto-facist leader has been defeated, but the hateful rhetoric, conspiratorial thinking and virulent racism, xenophobia and sexism he espoused during his tenure remain deeply entrenched in American political discourse. Thus, not only is the fight for the rights of marginalized communities ongoing, but our new president — while better in a myriad of ways — must also be held accountable and face demands to execute a progressive agenda. While there are many ways white progressives can help in this mission, a necessary component of this involves debunking misinformation and combatting hateful rhetoric within their own families.

While white progressives may attend protests, hold phone banking sessions or donate to mutual aid funds, none of this serves as adequate allyship if they are unable to stand up to those closest to them. Thus, if white progressives truly care about the causes they so often — and so publicly — claim to support, it follows that they must stand up to their families, friends and anyone else in their social circles who espouse hateful views, conspiracy theories or other misrepresentations of facts.

In failing to stand up to their families and friends — whether their statements are “meant well” or not — white liberals show a distinct complacency with white supremacy, sexism, xenophobia and the countless other ways in which bigotry rears its ugly head.

To be clear, this article is intended to argue that you are obligated to put yourself in a physically or financially dangerous situation in order to argue against your family’s beliefs.

Ultimately, telling your family members that their bigotry is wrong is not activism. However, it is still an incredibly important way not only to show that your moral principles — and the individuals and communities whose lives and livelihoods are in the crosshairs of these conversations — are more important to you than your relationship with racists. The reason to stand up against your loved one’s bigotry is not just to be persuasive — clearly and decisively showing your family that their bigoted beliefs do not have a compliant audience is also a valuable action. No matter the outcome, standing up for your principles disrupts the presumption of agreement so often assumed by bigots. Hateful beliefs may continue — but at the very least you can make it clear that they are not welcome to at least one person at the dinner table.
    Be a good social justice warrior, and make your family hate your guts.

This sounds like cult talk: "Intentionally drive a wedge into your relationships with people that love and care for you, so you can isolate yourself and we can take you under our wing when everything inevitably falls apart. It's not your fault, it's THEIR fault for not understanding. Now take these drugs and let us brainwash you."

Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    I come from an Italian family. We don’t allow shit talking at the table. Whether it’s political, or anything else. As my ex brother-in-law learned, you end up getting knocked the fuck out!
    As much as I hate liberals. I make it known in conversation.But I don’t like to talk about politics much.Especially when I’m eating. All it does is make me crazy. I’ve sat at the dinner table many times with my sister, her daughter, and her current husband, who are all liberals. Not a peep about politics. You got to set them straight!

Senior Trustee
    LT. Colonel
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Crow View Post
    I come from an Italian family. We don’t allow shit talking at the table. Whether it’s political, or anything else. As my ex brother-in-law learned, you end up getting knocked the fuck out!
    As much as I hate liberals. I make it known in conversation.But I don’t like to talk about politics much.Especially when I’m eating. All it does is make me crazy. I’ve sat at the dinner table many times with my sister, her daughter, and her current husband, who are all liberals. Not a peep about politics. You got to set them straight!
    Exactly!!

Super Moderator
    Senior Crime Reporter
    LT. Colonel
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, a proto-facist leader has been defeated, but the hateful rhetoric, conspiratorial thinking and virulent racism, xenophobia and sexism he espoused during his tenure remain deeply entrenched in American political discourse.
    Not honestly he wasn't.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to avoid every nigger you meet.

Senior Trustee
    LT. Colonel
    Post Thanks / Like
    That article has to be parody, right? RIGHT?
    "Give niggers positions of responsibility and power to prove "they are just like us!" and results will always be the same - muh dik and disaster for humans."

Chimpout Member
    Senior Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IseDaDiva View Post
    That article has to be parody, right? RIGHT?
    If you didn't pick a fight with a racist during Thanksgiving, break the windows in their house, spray paint graffiti on the (inside) walls, and steal stuff, you aren't standing up for the message that Antifa is trying to spread.

Antifa is short for "Anti-Fascism."

And we are all disappointed in you. Name:  smilingdevil.png
Views: 171
Size:  12.3 KB

7. Likes IseDaDiva liked this post
    Senior Trustee
    LT. Colonel
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodman Grey View Post
    If you didn't pick a fight with a racist during Thanksgiving, break the windows in their house, spray paint graffiti on the (inside) walls, and steal stuff, you aren't standing up for the message that Antifa is trying to spread.

Antifa is short for "Anti-Fascism."

And we are all disappointed in you. Name:  smilingdevil.png
Views: 171
Size:  12.3 KB
    Oooh! Now I get it:

My brother called me a racist, ableist bitch because I said niggers are low-IQ parasites who should be shipped back to Africa in chains. I reached across the table and slapped him. He jumped up and ran around the table, spit in my face, threw me to the floor and then kicked me in my stomach, my side and my head while informing me that POC are oppressed, deserve more reparations and I need to check my white privilege.

And I said to him, "Is this the way you treat a lady, you libtard cuck?" So I grabbed his phone and smashed it before running outside with a stick of firewood, yelling, "You're so hit, dude!" and proceeded to bust out all his car windows. He came out behind me, slashed my tires and keyed my car before getting me in a headlock and punching me in the face. Someone called the po-leece and we both got arrested.

Did I do it right?
    "Give niggers positions of responsibility and power to prove "they are just like us!" and results will always be the same - muh dik and disaster for humans."

9. Likes Goodman Grey liked this post