Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If we end up with a one world tyranny, I hope it ends up something like the one implied in the novel 'Starship Troopers.'

Sure, there were a lot of things wrong with that society, but for the most part people were okay with it.

"A citizen accepts personal responsibility for the safety of the body politic, defending it with his life, a civilian does not."

"A citizen has the courage to make the safety of the human race their personal responsibility."

(I'm a veteran, so I may be a little bit biased.)
Actually that is pretty similar of how the first democracy in Greece worked. You had to be a "good citizen" to be able to vote and get voted. Which meant you had to pay taxes for a few years, and be a benefit to the society. In many European countries (Switzerland, Germany, Austria...) men had to go to the army for a limited period of time after school.
I was not a big fan of that regulation that time, but nowadays I do think it was a good thing. Not only because of being able to defend your country, but perhaps even more important: People learned to be self-reliant.
Have you ever been to a US college in the last years? The kids need "safe spaces" with teddy bears and cushions, in dorms there are designated floors for the parents!!, yust in case the little baby needs mommy, and so on. I was told some of them even don't know how to wash and dress themselves - and we are talking about grown up people.
Heck, during corona lockdown some doctoral student lady (think it was chemistry at MIT) asked on twitter for help because she did not know if she needed to purchase the 110V or the 230V version of some laboratory machinery. And since university was closed she could not ask her professor. THESE people are allowed to vote!! Even worse, imagine she would be responsible for something important, that type of people are saying stuff like "Oh, we don't need power plants, they are ugly and produce co2. In the modern world electricity comes out of the power outlet.". Frightening!!