Well, I am in the market for a new job. I have several years experience working in factories, most of which have been supervisory roles, which basically means that I did the same damn job as everyone else on top of being a babysitter and dealing with all the other perks of being HNIC like quality control, inventory, orders, etc. I finally had enough due to the constant civil war waged against me by my crew who refused to take orders from a white man (at least that is what Google translate told me *hint*).

So, I see that Frito Lay is hiring nearby. Same job, basically, only I'd be low man on the totem pole, however the advertised starting pay was pretty darn decent. So I read over all the requirements and all that fun stuff. I checked every box and more. I'm the perfect candidate for this job you'd think. At the end of every page in the online application was your typical "equal opportunity" disclosure. So I continued and I am forced to fill out the race and gender portion. If it's equal opportunity, why tf should I have to fill this out? But it was required. White. Male. (aka the most discriminated against person in America).

Fast forward to the next day and I get an email from them telling me, "Unfortunately, you do not meet the minimum requirements for this job". What?! Why tf not? My 3 year old could do the job. The only part that could disqualify me was that bullshit affirmative blacktion questionnaire I had to fill out.

So I figured I'd do a little experiment. I get back on their website and send in another application using a different email. I filled out the application just like the other, but with slightly less qualifications and instead of being a white male, I am now a strong black woman. Click send.

Within an hour I get an offer from Frito Lay to come in for an interview. Well go fucking figure.

Has anyone else been discriminated against for being white while job hunting?