Quote Originally Posted by tweakstick View Post

...Of course, it still caries on. Several times, I've noticed a restaurant worker doing the same thing...

Reminds me of something I heard years ago... I hope you've never eaten at the following restaurant!

A guy walks into a fancy restaurant and is promptly seated.

The very first thing he does while sitting down is accidentally knock his spoon to the floor with his elbow.

To his amazement, a waiter walking by picked up the dirty spoon a split second after it hit the deck, replacing it with a clean spoon from his shirt pocket.

"Wow, you guys are efficient!
Do all of you carry spoons in your shirt pockets" ? the customer asked.

"Sure" the waiter replies. "We had an efficiency expert in here last week telling us we could increase our productivity by 5% by carrying spoons in our pockets. 5% equates to 5% more tip money at the end of the night".

"Wow that's impressive." the customer says. "By the way, I'm not sure what that is, but it appears you have a piece of string stuck to your pants above your fly".

"All of us guys do!" the waiter cheerfully explained with a smile. "The efficiency expert told us we were wasting time washing our hands after using the rest room, so he had us tie a piece of string around our joints. When I need to go, I just unzip and pull the string. Since I never actually touch myself, the need for handwashing is eliminated, thus improving our efficiency".

"Very interesting" exclaimed the customer, and after a brief pause asked the waiter, "so let me ask you this, how do you shake and get your meat back in your pants without touching it?"

"Well. I don't know about the other guys, I just use the spoon"!