Close

Likes Likes:  0
    Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like

Today's Electrical Lesson

Years ago, I wanted to learn how to do electrical work so I didn't need to hire an electrician.

A friend did electrical work on his days off from his fireman's job. I asked him if I could be his JSN (jobsite nigger) for a few hours a day to learn the trade, which he gladly accepted my offer.

This dude was pretty straight.. a church goer and shit so I had to remember to kinda watch my mouth and quit saying JC, GD, MF and not talk about poon so much in front of him.

One of my first tasks was to install receptacles and switches in boxes already hung and wired.

I had never noticed before, but all the switches and receptacles have both brass and silver terminal screws on them.

I had changed a few switches and receptacles before, but I guess I never realized there were 2 different colored screws on them.

So on the first one, my mentor showed me how far back to strip the insulation off the wires, and how to bend the perfect hook on the end of the wire for the terminal screw.

He then asked if I knew what wire went to what terminal. I fessed up that prior to today, I never really noticed there were 2 different colored screws. I had only replaced a few and the wire that was on the left went back on the left, same shit for the right wire.

He gave a brief explanation about polarity and reminded me it is very important the hot wire (black) goes to the brass terminal screw.

And of course, the white neutral wire to the silver terminal screw.

Upon completion of the first one by him, it was my turn for the next one.

I think he could sense my hesitation about choosing which wire went to what screw so he said: "I'll make this easy for you to remember, blacks like to steal brass'".

I about pissed myself laughing. That was over 40 years ago and to this day, I will never forget blacks steal brass/black to brass, so I've never had a hot/neutral reverse!

N.A.A.C.P.
    = Niggers Are Always Causing Problems
    N.A.A.C.P. = Niggers Are Always Carrying Pistols
    N.A.A.C.P. = Niggers Are Always Copping Pleas

Trustee
    Lieutenant
    The most nigger free location I could find
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would think they would go for the silver first. Maybe make a new grill outta it.

Administrator
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Electricity is racist because it was used a lot to fry the murderous niggers of the past two generations.
    Coalburning is bestiality.

Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Coon Club Road View Post
    "I'll make this easy for you to remember, blacks like to steal brass'".

I've been an electronics technician for decades now. My dad (also a tech) got me started in it when I was old enough to hold a soldering iron. He taught me ohm's law when I was around 8. He taught me the color codes for resistors with the following mnemonic: Black Bastards Rape Our Young Girls But Violet Gives Willingly and Gives Stupidly.

Bastard was the closest thing to a curse word to this day that I have ever heard uttered from my dad's mouth so it was fairly easy to remember. Frankly, it was rather shocking for me at that age. I gathered that he picked that little gem up from his Air Force radar fire control tech school way back in the day!

While I really don't think he was necessarily trying to teach me that niggers rape or that coalburning was wrong, I got the message regardless.

I've never forgotten my color codes and I've been hooked on a love of all things electronic and technical since then - That and watching out for niggers and burners.
    tweakstick \ˈtwēkˈstik\ 1: A small plastic calibration tool, used for making adjustments on electrical or mechanical equipment. 2: A large wooden calibration tool, used for making adjustments on antiquated farm equipment.

Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tweakstick View Post
    ... Black Bastards Rape Our Young Girls But Violet Gives Willingly and Gives Stupidly...
    I took an electronics class in high school, learned the good old E over I times R which I still occasionally use to this day, but the teacher never taught us the resistor color codes that way!

I've done a shit ton of electrical work over the years but really nothing in electronics with resistors. If I had, that would sure be the way to remember them!

That's some funny shit!

Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    I took an electronics class in high school, learned the good old E over I times R which I still occasionally use to this day, but the teacher never taught us the resistor color codes that way!

I've done a shit ton of electrical work over the years but really nothing in electronics with resistors. If I had, that would sure be the way to remember them!

That's some funny shit!
    Then you'll probably love these:

Bob Eats Carol's Virgin Pussy In A Big Garage Licking Mostly Her Hot Moist Loins In Out In.
    This one was for remembering transistor theory - for common Base, Emitter or Collector and what functions they provide.

King Xerxes Cunt Sucks Latin Pussy
    That one is for remembering the microwave frequency bands in order of wavelength.

I guess no-one counted on getting an R rated electronics lesson today, huh?
    tweakstick \ˈtwēkˈstik\ 1: A small plastic calibration tool, used for making adjustments on electrical or mechanical equipment. 2: A large wooden calibration tool, used for making adjustments on antiquated farm equipment.

Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...I guess no-one counted on getting an R rated electronics lesson today, huh?...
    Good stuff Mr. Tweak!

HUGE difference between "electrical work" and "electronics".

Now I'm beginning to understand why a friend of mine who is an electrical engineer commands the long dollar he gets... having to remember all those codes!

Over the span of my career, I only had a few easy sayings to remember: "Drive slow and make more dough", "take your time and make an extra dime", and "get stuck in the ditch and get rich"

In the mid '80's our OT rate was $24 an hour. Management dummies would hold us over to sweep the terminal area... we had mx cut 6" off the sides of the push brooms "to better get around things and in corners" then broomed around chanting "24 to sweep the floor". We learned this from the niggers of course!

N.A.A.C.P.

Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good stuff Mr. Tweak! HUGE difference between "electrical work" and "electronics".
    Background:
    Aviation Electronics Technician = AT
    Aviation Electrician = AE

In the Navy Aviation side of the house, our we called our AE's "one wires." This was somewhat of a slam among my fellow shipmates in my AT rate as it implied that AE's only knew how to work on wires and even then, only one wire at a time.

They called the AT's who specialized in calibration - "tweaks." While they might have meant it as a slam it didn't bother me for the same reason that I don't take offense to being called a cracker either, heh hehh...

They considered us prima donnas because out of necessity, the Cal Lab is kept at 68 degrees and 40% humidity year round. We also NEVER got dirty. Dirt just isn't allowed in a Cal Lab. Call me what you want, suckers, it sure is nice in the AC!

The main hand tool of a calibration technician's trade is described in my signature below.

And now you know where my screen name comes from!
    Last edited by tweakstick; 08-21-2020 at 01:55 PM.

Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Aviation Electronics Technician = AT
    Aviation Electrician = AE"

"And now you know where my screen name comes from!"
    Makes perfect sense to me!

N.A.A.C.P.

Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like

tweaks and tweaksticks

Makes perfect sense to me!

I'll try to simplify: AT is short for Avionics Technician.

An Avionics Technician is just and Electronics Technician who specializes in aviation electronics.

Only AT's can become Calibration Technicians.

Calibration technicians are called "tweaks."

Calibration technicians use a "tweakstick" to make adjustments on electronic circuits.

This is my signature line:

These are tweaksticks:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tweaksticks.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	12232
    This is also a tweakstick:

Make sense now?
    Last edited by tweakstick; 08-21-2020 at 03:43 PM. Reason: pic wouldn't load

Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...Make sense now?
    Yes it sure does!

N.A.A.C.P.

Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very Lovely Maidens Have Very Useful Sewing Equipment....

VLF 3k - 30khz
    LF 30k - 300khz
    MF 300k - 3mhz
    HF 3m - 30Mhz
    VHF 30 - 300Mhz
    UHF 300Mhz - 3Ghz
    SHF 3g - 30gz
    EHF 30g - 300Ghz

Remember this from college.
    Tough on niggers and the causes of niggers !

Senior Trustee
    Sergeant
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why run backwards you may vomit.
    White,red,black,yellow,violet.

Color coding standards for telephone cable.

Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can only remember one more I learned and can remember... (I would be a "One Wire" if I was in the Navy!)

If you have two conductors the same color coming into a box, you "Knot the Hot", actually form a loop and pull it through snugging it down where the wire comes into the box.

Now I'm beginning to see why it takes 4 years to become an electrical engineer!

N.A.A.C.P.

Administrator
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can only remember one more I learned and can remember... (I would be a "One Wire" if I was in the Navy!)

If you have two conductors the same color coming into a box, you "Knot the Hot", actually form a loop and pull it through snugging it down where the wire comes into the box.

Now I'm beginning to see why it takes 4 years to become an electrical engineer!
    When I went to engineering school in the mid-80s, California wasn't what it is now. And while 4 years is the minimum, my advisor told me it is not unusual to see 5-7 years of education. I took 5. Last year though was to party, drink, go to the beach, but no muh-dikk.
    Coalburning is bestiality.

Trustee
    Senior Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by animal mother View Post
    Why run backwards you may vomit.
    White,red,black,yellow,violet.

Color coding standards for telephone cable.
    Found a phone man! Those are the primary colors. Blue, orange, green, brown, slate are the secondaries, since they come in pairs. I worked as a phone man for a few years. I can still cut down a 25-pair in my sleep.
    "Tolerance for monkeyshines is in direct proportion to distance from the monkeys."

Senior Trustee
    Sergeant
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheboon DeLuxe View Post
    Found a phone man! Those are the primary colors. Blue, orange, green, brown, slate are the secondaries, since they come in pairs. I worked as a phone man for a few years. I can still cut down a 25-pair in my sleep.
    Yep, did hundreds of 66A block cut downs back in the day, many, many moons ago. I think i still have a callus on my palm from that punch down tool.