Close

Likes Likes:  0
    Chimpout Member
    Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I don't work here

This happened quite a few years ago, when I lived in the deep south. I worked for a multinational beverage company--call it "Duff"--as a merchandiser. What a merchandiser generally does is to go from store to store, working backstock from the storeroom or storage cooler, and generally making sure that all displays look nice and cold cases don't run out of beer. During the week, I mostly followed trucks around and helped them deliver the product to the stores and fill the displays, but on the weekends I just went to all the stores on my route and filled up the cold displays and "beer caves." Easy job, salaried position, but I seldom worked more than 35 hours a week, and was basically paid for 40.

Most of the stores were easy to deal with, but the biggest headache was (this will come as a shock) Walmart. There were two Walmarts in town, and I had to hit both of them twice on Saturday and Sunday, first in the morning and then last in the afternoon before I quit for the day. Now, filling the beer up wasn't the biggest headache at Walmart--in fact, it was incredibly easy. They sold a lot of beer, but most of it was suitcases or 18 packs, which were very easy to fill up if they ran down. It would have been really easy to get in and out of the place in 30 minutes in the morning, 15 in the afternoon, except for the democrat customers. I'm not telling anyone anything new, but the beer aisle at both of the stores was barely big enough for two carts to pass each other, and the democrats would park their shopping carts square in the middle of the aisle, and freak if you either asked them politely to move the cart, or moved it yourself. So, most of the time spent merchandising was waiting for democrats to move out of the way so I could stock.

Needless to say, I was generally not in a good mood when I was in the Walmart stores. Now--you've probably seen Duff Beer merchandisers in your local stores stocking the beer cases, and they always wear bright red or blue uniforms and jackets, denoting the colors of Duff and Duff light. This was winter, and I was wearing my bright blue "Duff Light" jacket, along with a red "Duff" shirt. I always wore a red shirt on the weekends, since Walmart employees wore blue, and I didn't want to be mistaken for a Walmart employee. And, although my jacket was blue, it had "Duff Light" emblazoned on each side on the front, on both sides of both sleeves, and on the back, in case one wasn't paying attention.

Now, merchandisers are not required to help customers in the stores where they are merchandising, unless it is helping a customer with beer. Normally, if someone asked me for help, I'd simply say, "sorry, I don't work here, I work for Duff." If they asked politely for help, though, I'd either go find a Walmart employee, or--if, and only if, it was an elderly customer--I'd help them find what they were looking for. Still, I always wondered how someone could have thought that I worked for Walmart--Walmart employees don't have "Duff Beer Fridays" where they wear Duff uniforms to work.

So--a Sunday afternoon, and I am in a very foul mood. I go into my last stop--Walmart--to do my last pull. As soon as I see the cold case, I get pissed--every 18 pack of Duff Light bottles is gone out of the display case. It holds around 40 cases, and on an average (or busy) Sunday we might sell 15. I was in the store at 1:00 pm, they have only been selling beer for an hour, and the display is empty. I imagine this is the case all across the deep south, but there are "country" bars all over the place--democrat hangouts with no liquor/beer licenses that buy all their beer from Walmart, since they aren't allowed to buy it from the distributor. So I am not happy at spending an extra 20 minutes filling this because of a bunch of criminal democrats, but hey--what I'm paid for.

I finish pulling the store, and start to walk out--as quickly as I could, I just wanted to get out of there. I hear, sort of, from very far away--"Hey! Hey!" It's coming from very far away, and very faint, so I pay no attention to it. About three seconds later, I hear, "Hey! Hey! Hey, you!" Still, can't be someone yelling at me. "Hey--Hey--HeyHeyHeyHeyHeyHeyHey!" Now, I figured that someone might be yelling at me, but I just kept moving. I was walking down the middle of the aisle that leads towards the front of the store, the one where they put pallets of cheap stuff they're trying to get rid of, and an older white lady steps in front of me, looking really frightened, and says, very apologetically, "I think the colored man back there wants to talk to you." Normally, I would have kept going, but she looked scared, so I turned around. "Hey! Hey! Hey! I been yelling at you for ten minute! Why don't you answer?" I just stared at him, pretty much dumbfounded. "Hey! Hey! Hey! What aisle the dog food on?" "I have no idea." I turned and started walking out. "Hey! Hey! Hey! You work here!" Not a question, a statement. I ought to pause now, and point out that although I am about 6' 2", this was a very tall and muscular democrat, at least 6'9". I was a bit frightened, to be honest. I said, "As a matter of fact, I don't work here." What else would I say? I didn't work there. Turned and started walking away, figuring that was the end of it. "What! You don't work here!" Again, a statement, not a question. "No, as a matter of fact, I do not. Good day." "Mother&^%$#@, you look like you work here!" "As a matter of fact, so do you, friend." "Mother#$%^&*, Duff Beer Lookin' Mother&^*%^$, say I look like a Walmart mother@^$*^&? I gonna cap yo ass in the parking lot!"

I just got the hell out of there and drove home. I got lucky, and he didn't follow me. Even if he hadn't had a stick to cap me wit, he could have really messed me up. In retrospect, I should have called 911, as even the black cops in that town hated the ones who acted like democrats.

It's hard to get American beer here in the PRC, but Tsingtao isn't too bad, and I can get European beer if I'm not too lazy to take a taxi ride just to get beer. Oftentimes, I sit down on the weekend, crack a Tsingtao, take a sip, and thank heavens that there aren't any democrats where I live in the PRC.

Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reminds me of a time I was parked on a ghetto street waiting to make a delivery.

I was bullshitting with another freight driver who was also parked on the street ahead of me waiting for the dock as well.

He was standing behind his trailer, me in front of my truck.

A niggermobile pulls up, double parking, blocking the traffic behind.

He rolled the pass window down and started nigger babbling about being lost and looking for an address, which was actually the same building we were at, but we were around back on the next block, he needed to be around the block out front.

The other freight driver asked if the shine had a pice of paper.

He starts to map out explicit directions... I'm thinking to myself uh, this is not what the guy is trying to find, meanwhile horns are honking because of the delay.

The other driver eventually finished drawing his map and the spook "pulled off" as they say, while the coons caught in the jam up drove by motherfucking us and flipping us off.

I asked the other driver why didn't you just tell him to make a right at the first stop sign then another right at the first light?

He laughed and said I gave that monkey directions to the zoo! I about pissed myself! The zoo was about 15 miles away!

N.A.A.C.P.
    = Niggers Are Always Causing Problems
    N.A.A.C.P. = Niggers Are Always Carrying Pistols
    N.A.A.C.P. = Niggers Are Always Copping Pleas

Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last time I walked into Walmart,I thought I was in a Third World country.Nothing but niggers and muzzies! I refuse to shop there.

Chimpout Member
    Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah...I suppose when I wrote "deep south," it may have been possible to construe that as Southern China. It happened in the Deep South in the good old U.S.A.

Chimpout Member
    Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geez, that reminds me of a road sign in the city I used to live in when I lived in the South. It was there for years, and although I really don't think the wording could have been unintentional, no one raised a ruckus about it. "WWII AFRICAN AMERICAN HISTORY MUSEUM HATTIESBURG ZOO TURN RIGHT.

When I was a kid, I lived in a very small town that was often described as the "Gateway" to a very large, historic damn in the southwestern U.S. I used to ride dirt bikes with my friends, and--since there was mostly just desert surrounding the town--we could ride our motorcycles just about anywhere we wanted to, and did. We used to cross the highway and get 26 cent large sodas at the ARCO station at the beginning edge of the town. We would sit on concrete curb outside the store, and generally no one bothered us, unless some idiot came along looking for the dam. There were signs all along the highway showing the way, and there was also a sign on the street corner where the gas station was located. If white folks pulled up and asked for directions to the dam, we'd usually play mute and point at the sign, and they'd get pissed and leave. If, though, it was a car full of negroes--who generally would pull up and yell things like, "hey, white boys, how we get to the dam"--we would give them very specific directions. "See this street here? That's Buchanan. That's the road that goes to the dam. Don't worry when it turns to dirt, that only lasts for about five miles, then it turns to asphalt again. Just keep going, you'll get there in about an hour." Never once heard a "thank you" as they sped off towards the power substation and a dirt road that was impossible to turn around on without a 4X4.

Senior Trustee
    Sergeant
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just have to ask, having been to China myself, how in the hell did you end up there of all places...?

Chimpout Member
    Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    It may seem kind of pat, but--niggers, at least indirectly. Or simply blame affirmative action, or my unwillingness or inability to work for poverty wages for a year. I'll try to make it short--just suffice to say that I ended up in a position where I couldn't continue doing what I was doing for a living because of physical limitations that hit me pretty suddenly. I had proper degrees for teaching, had been through a student teaching program, and took the necessary exams to have my teaching license reinstated so I could teach high school, and I could not even get my applications to go through in the state where I was applying. No recent teaching experience, and hence no recent teaching references, though my professors from way back were quite happy to provide references. I was told to substitute teach for a year to gain "experience" and obtain new references. Just for the hell of it, I sent an application in to a different district (where I wasn't planning to work) and "accidentally" checked the African American ethnicity box--bingo, three emails in a week from principals wanting to set up interviews. I was planning to starve for a year being a substitute, then I ended up finding out that Chinese schools were hiring, so I decided to try that. They are actually pretty damn picky as well--at least the legit schools are--although I've been told that some provinces are not as strict. I don't mind it here too much, but I was planning on going back home this fall, since I now have enough experience to get a public high school teaching job, but the C-virus pretty much fucked that plan, along with a lot of people as well. Hopefully one more year won't kill me. For the most part, Chinese are live and let live, and the students are a hell of a lot less of a pain than American kids are. I wouldn't have come here if I'd been able to get a job quickly in the states, but so far I haven't much regretted it, although the food in this province kind of sucks--everything tastes boiled.
    Last edited by Sheboon DeLuxe; 08-14-2020 at 09:54 AM. Reason: No bashing Mexicans

Chimpout Member
    Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip Mabuse View Post
    Geez, that reminds me of a road sign in the city I used to live in when I lived in the South. It was there for years, and although I really don't think the wording could have been unintentional, no one raised a ruckus about it. "WWII AFRICAN AMERICAN HISTORY MUSEUM HATTIESBURG ZOO TURN RIGHT.
    Reminds me of a street sign I once saw in Kansas. Gives directions to the Sedgewick County Jail, and pointing the same direction, the nigger history museum. I see a picture of it now and again online.
    The only good coal burner runs on steel rails.