Close

Likes Likes:  0
Reply to Thread
    Unregistered
    Chimpout Guest

Supreme Court Sets Stage for Nullifying Electoral College

Last week, the Supreme Court unanimously ruled that states could force presidential electors to vote as their legislatures directed them and even punish them for failing to do so.
    While the constitutionality of this decision may be debated, its likely effect is clear for all to see: the nullification of the Founding Fathers’ vision for electing presidents.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sup...lector-pledges

Does this mean more niggersim and mass suicide?
    Last edited by Sheboon DeLuxe; 07-16-2020 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Replaced link

Chimpout Member
    Senior Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you please post a link that doesn't require giving up personal information?

I hate paywalls of every kind.

Senior Trustee
    Sergeant
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nullifying the Electoral College would require an Amendment to the Constitution -- something almost impossible to do going forward. The Supreme Court does not have the authority (not even close!) to change the Constitution itself.

Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Midder Peenud Hayed View Post
    Nullifying the Electoral College would require an Amendment to the Constitution -- something almost impossible to do going forward. The Supreme Court does not have the authority (not even close!) to change the Constitution itself.
    You are quite correct, they do not have the authority. Unfortunately, they have the power. This is the reason that they quietly seize in their blood stained hands their gavels and chisels to chip away at the pillars which hold up our entire system of government and with it our very national identity until nothing is left but dust:

"The opinion which gives to the judges the right to decide what laws are constitutional and what not, not only for themselves, in their, own sphere of action, but for the Legislature and Executive also in their spheres, would make the Judiciary a despotic branch. … The Constitution…is a mere thing of wax in the hands of the judiciary which they may twist and shape into any form they please."
    Thomas Jefferson

Trustee
    Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds to me like SCOTUS is reining in state legislatures that want to nullify the election by forcing electors to vote for the loser. At least that's how I read it.

Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheboon DeLuxe View Post
    It sounds to me like SCOTUS is reining in state legislatures that want to nullify the election by forcing electors to vote for the loser. At least that's how I read it.
    I think that it depends on who the loser is. IE if that loser is someone politically aligned with them then yes. If not, then they vote accordingly with how the state actually voted.

I can see the FURY of the people if these leftists vote against the way their state actually voted.
    Give humans a pile of bricks and they will build you a city. Give niggers a city and they will build you a pile of bricks.

Appeasement is feeding the beast, hoping it will eat you last.

Trustee
    Post Thanks / Like
    BOH: yes, that's it. I should have written that corrupt Democrat legislatures want to be able to force their state's electors vote for whomever they prefer, even if that candidate loses that state.