Close

Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like

Good advice on dealing with a knife attacker

You always see vids on fighting back etc.. I think this is realistic for regular guys and gals etc..

Administrator
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Live to fight another day, until you bring a gun to a knife fight.
    Coalburning is bestiality.

Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would rather have a gun put in my face than a knife. If you know what you are doing and the other guy (likely nigger) only has one paw on the gun, you can disarm it and shoot it with its own weapon. You CANNOT disarm anyone with a knife. You will die painfully. Better to CCW and take as many steps back as you can while firing.

Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
    Are you serious. If you spent anytime in the military they teach you how disarm a person with a knife very easily.
    I didn't join the Corps, you know...

I've had so many guys that were trained how to do it that told me don't bother unless you absolutely have to - it's not worth it.

As for me, I'll just stick with CCW. Either way, I'm too old for that shit.

Chimpout Member
    Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Former Marine here.Agree with this. That video is supposed to be funny, but if you are not highly trained, it is very risky especially if the person attacking is half decent. I would not risk it unless I absolutely have to. One time I was working in groidland and one morning a young buck came asking for a cigarette then went ahead and attacked me with a lame ass knife similar to one in the video. I was trained in Russian Sambo before so I disarmed the ape but it managed to scratch my hip a little(almost bled). I tried to hold the ape down until human cops arrived but ape was too aggressive and slipped from underneath me leaving its fake leather jacket in my hands)) Anyway, you have to only defend when you have no other option.

Chimpout Member
    Senior Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you serious. If you spent anytime in the military they teach you how disarm a person with a knife very easily.
    It's easier to use a gun to disarm a person with a knife.

Just put a bunch of holes in the knife wielder. Problem solved.

Chimpout Member
    Senior Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    What if you don't have a gun and he is 2 or 3 feet from you.... what do you do then?
    Run away like any sane person would.

I know how it feels to get stabbed and sliced with knives. It tends to be an unpleasant experience.

Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    What if you don't have a gun and he is 2 or 3 feet from you.... what do you do then?
    For me, it would depend. If I'm by myself, I'm taking my chance with my feet unless I'm cornered. If with family, I guess I'm going down fighting - and no, the Navy didn't bother teaching any of that shit to us. I wish they did but they train you what they feel they need to train you. It was a grand total of zero for me except the firearms training which I had to seek out on my own through the Navy. I found it, it was offered once I pressed the issue, and I took it. If I had at least been ASF or another job that required it, I'm sure it would be different. I wasn't.

I guess the Navy figured if the enemy made it all the way to where I was working, it would have been a lost cause anyway.

Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most disarming techniques are only going to work on limp wristed, no grip attackers. There are a lot of videos you can watch that are laughable and only work in movie type scenarios. Honestly though even if this video is satire it is the best approach if you are not confidant or at least practiced.

If you must fight your best bet is to try to get perpendicular with the attacker on the side the arm they are holding the knife. It will make it harder for them to strike you. Use both hands to grab their forearm before trying to strip the weapon. You are not Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris. Do not try and slap it out of their hands. You will gain a leverage advantage you can use to turn the blade inward at them. You start pushing that blade in at their torso and it is going to either loose up or its going in.

There is always the old nut shot as well .
    Give humans a pile of bricks and they will build you a city. Give niggers a city and they will build you a pile of bricks.

Appeasement is feeding the beast, hoping it will eat you last.