Poll: 79% of truckers say they won't deliver to cities with defunded police departments

https://local21news.com/news/nation-...ce-departments

A recent poll on a trucker app found 79 percent of the drivers participating would refuse to take loads to cities with defunded police departments.

"I’ve been hearing and seeing a lot of my trucker friends on social media, things being posted and how they won't go into cities where they're scared. They're scared to deliver their product,” said Hines.

Hines has family and friends in law enforcement, but after all the looting and rioting, he removed his pro-police stickers from his truck and trailer.
People are shooting at semi trucks in the South

https://cdllife.com/2020/people-are-...h-drivers-say/

Memphis, Tennessee police say that a semi truck driver was fired upon by an SUV while traveling on I-40 on June 20. The truck driver was not hurt, but the truck was hit by bullets. Police are asking for the public’s help in locating the SUV.

Driver’s wife ‎April Marin‎ shared the story of the June 19 shooting in trucking social media groups. Marin said that her husband’s truck took gunfire on the passenger side window as he left a delivery location near E. Raines Road and Mendenhall. Marin said that her husband wasn’t hurt but was “of course shaken up!”

According to social media user Skipp Homschek, a shooting occurred on the Bobby Jones Expressway at Highway 56 in Augusta, Georgia on Saturday, June 20. The truck was said to have been fully loaded with gasoline, but there wasn’t any penetration to the tank. The truck driver fortunately escaped without injury.

Earlier this month, CDLLife spoke with truck driver Marcus Sommers, who reported that he was shot at while driving on I-70 near Dayton, Ohio. Sommers wasn’t hurt but the incident caused significant damage to his truck.
It's a shame that people seem to not want trucks to deliver goods to their cities. Because that's what's going to happen if they keep trying to murder truck drivers.

As if things weren't already bad enough with COVID-19 and the protests...