Quote Originally Posted by Odin's balls View Post
Welcome to the Chimpout.

I would love to hear your views on the Uyghurs.
Sorry, I just saw your reply. It’s a very sensitive and complicated question here, allow me to use more subtle wordings. I’ll try my best to make you understand.

Han: people-short for “Han nationality Chinese(90%+, most Chinese you see)”
U: people-Uyghur
XJ: place-my short for “the province where Uyghur live in china”

Here is some quick reviews:
99% of U live in XJ province. Racially they are Caucasian, some mixed with Chinese/middle east/Indians. They have their own LANGUAGE and WRITTEN WORDS, very unique culture, custom and religion which are totally different from other Han.

From the chi-coms’ angle: a territory that accounted for 17% of whole china area and 7 times bigger than England also full of resources is very valuable, but a totally different race of people shares no common characteristics with other Chinese and barely consider themselves Chinese is very hard to control. There comes a very XXXX(any adjectives you like to put) approach:
immigration of Han people to XJ, encourage cross-race marriage(cash benefits for mixed family and kids, extra points for university entrance exam and etc.), education for patriotism since childhood, mandatory mandarin course in all school(now still more than 70% U above 20 years old can’t speak mandarin), promote Han customs/cultures/festivals or you may call it “cultural g*n*cide “.
I wrote this so far, if you want more please let me know.