Close

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fake News

Chimpout Member
    Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like

Fake News

A little girl was leaning into a lion's cage. Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the collar of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to slaughter her, all under the eyes of her screaming parents.
    A biker jumps off his Harley, runs to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch. Whimpering from the pain, the lion jumps back, letting go of the girl, and the biker brings the girl to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly.
    A BBC reporter, Laura Kuenssberg, has watched the whole event.
    Laura, addressing the Harley rider says, "Sir, this was the most gallant and bravest thing I've seen a man do in my whole life.”
    The Harley rider replies, "Why, it was nothing, really. The lion was behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger, and acted as I felt right.”
    Miss Kuenssberg "Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a BBC journalist, you know, and tomorrow's news will run this story. So, what do you do for a living, and what political affiliation do you have?”
    The biker replies "I'm a British Army veteran, a Conservative and I voted for Brexit”. The journalist leaves.
    The following morning the biker turns on BBC News to see if it indeed brings news of his actions.
    BBC Headline: RIGHT WING UK VETERAN ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT & STEALS HIS LUNCH.
    And THAT pretty much sums up the BBC's approach to the news these days.

Chimpout Member
    Corrections Officer

Post Thanks / Like
    It isn't just the BBC. On our side of the pond CNN, MSNBC, and the Alphabet Soup News sources all do the same thing.

Trustee
    Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great story, Melon head! Thanks for posting!