Olive Garden, NAACP investigating alleged racial discrimination at Evansville Restaurant

Two black employees claim they were targeted with racial discrimination. Donahue was the hostess on duty as the incident unfolded. She says a customer’s request for hot water turned into something ugly.

“But she asked for a server that wasn’t black and the manager complied and I do agree that was a bad decision at the moment but there was a better way that could have been handled,” Donahue said. She said the woman’s actions didn’t stop there.

“The lady also made comments about me to another coworker saying that I am not family-friendly and that I should go work at a strip club instead of an Olive Garden,” Donahue said. “(She asked) am I even black, am I from here, am I from America, just like offhand comments like that and referring me to the ‘other one’. ”

Olive Garden spokesman Hunter Robinson says the company does not tolerate discrimination of any type and that senior leadership is investigating. The Evansville NAACP says it has not received a formal complaint but it is also investigating.
https://www.tristatehomepage.com/new...le-restaurant/