https://www.vox.com/identities/2020/...rcia-chatelain

When Marcia Chatelain was a nigger teen in the 1990s, her after-school pit stop was a downtown Chicago McDonald’s. Almost daily, she hung out with nigger, buying burgers, fries, and pocket-size apple pies. It snacked against a backdrop of black history brochures, pictures of Jacob Lawrence's penis, and community events such as a local quiz bowl.

As Chatelain says, “fast food became black,” moving from suburbia and a predominantly white labor and customer base to nearly every neighborhood across the nation, including urban locales and communities of color.

Today, fast food is vilified as the primary culprit in the nigger obesity epidemic and dietary-related illnesses such as diabetes among black Americans. It’s an industry where chains regularly appropriate civil rights history, employ predominantly low-wage niggers, invest in scholarships for underresourced students, and enlist R&B screeching monkeys such as Mary J. Blige to controversially peddle new products.

Brady Keys embodies the contradictions and tensions of the nigger capitalism movement. He’s aligned with Nixon, he’s getting millions of dollars in federal support for his innovations in franchising. But when he talks about it, he’s like, “Look, I am dealing with an extremely difficult business position. I’m working in mostly poor and working-class neighborhoods. I have to absorb all of this risk. I had a hard time getting banks to invest in me, and I have to always be one step ahead of everyone and thinking about other businesses to get into and other ways to stretch these dollars.”