https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-sente...B&guccounter=2

An Iowa man was sentenced to more than 16 years in jail after setting fire to a church’s LGBT flag.
Witnesses and the pastor of the church say Martinez was motivated by the church’s acceptance of Muslims and refugees.
So burning the American flag is protected by first amendment rights. As much as I loathe those who do it, I still believe it is your right. Even though you are a tard for protesting the very country that give you the right to do so. THis is considered a "protest".

Burning a special interest group flag is a "hate crime". It doesn't have to be LGBTQ. It could have been any other group and the result would have been the same. Unless of course it was some conservative group. Then he would be hailed a hero.

I don't mean to call this guy a hero for being anti gay. But this is a perfect example of the double standard. This was his protest and it was his right. At most this guy should have been charged with destruction of property for buring a flag that was someone elses property. Notice how they lightened his photo to make him look white so they could push the hate crime narrative easier like they did with Zimmerman.