Close

Likes Likes:  0
    Super Moderator
    Senior Crime Reporter
    LT. Colonel
    Post Thanks / Like

NPR & Sesame Street team up to brainwash little kids about racisms

Why All Parents Should Talk With Their Kids About Social Identity

A majority of parents rarely, if ever, discuss race/ethnicity, gender, class or other categories of social identity with their kids, according to a new, nationally representative survey of more than 6,000 parents conducted by Sesame Workshop and NORC at the University of Chicago. The researchers behind Sesame Street say the fact that so many families aren't talking about these issues is a problem because children are hard-wired to notice differences at a young age — and they're asking questions.

" 'Why is this person darker than me?' 'Why is this person wearing that hat on their head?' " These are just some of the social identity questions parents might hear, says Tanya Haider, executive vice president for strategy, research and ventures at Sesame Workshop. "We sometimes are scared to talk about these things. If the adults stiffen up and say, 'Oh, you shouldn't say that loudly,' that's sending [children] a cue that there's something wrong."

Earlier this year, NPR and Sesame Workshop devoted an entire episode to the importance of talking about race and other social categories with kids and provided parents with some helpful strategies.
    That doesn't surprise Beverly Daniel Tatum, a psychologist and author of the classic, Why Are All The Black Kids Sitting Together In The Cafeteria. "My guess is, some parents — certain majority parents — might think, 'What's to talk about?' You know? Maybe there's this sense of, it doesn't really need to be talked about."
    https://www.npr.org/2019/10/08/76720...ce=twitter.com
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to avoid every nigger you meet.

Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    We should volunteer our services and make shows for PBS.

Senior Trustee
    Lieutenant
    Post Thanks / Like
    Parents should discuss the issue more. Teach their kids to avoid the groid. Unless ur kid has an IQ < 90 and lubs backaball and $300 sneakers, wdf is he going to get by hanging out with the nigs except beaten on
    The only "advanced nigger run nation" in the world, Wakanda, is in a pre-adolescent, comic book, super hero fantasy created by whites.
    I learned racism from the nigs. I am not a white supremacist, just a black inferioricist.

Trustee
    Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like

I say bring back segregation - problem solved!

Chimpout Member
    Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    My kids are well versed in hating niggers. They think niggers stink and are completely disgusting. I’m a proud dad when they mention how disgusting niggers are!

Trustee
    Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Spook View Post
    My kids are well versed in hating niggers. They think niggers stink and are completely disgusting. I’m a proud dad when they mention how disgusting niggers are!
    You, sir, have raised them well

Chimpout Member
    Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! I’ve actually let them form their own opinions. Fortunately they are very observant and smart!

Quote Originally Posted by White Orchid View Post
    You, sir, have raised them well