I've wanted to post in this thread since long before I joined, so it's time. On that day, a good friend phoned to tell me what was happening. I told him no, there's NO way a building like that could be brought down, because like so many, I was imagining a light aircraft of some kind, but he was an engineer and knew what was what. My wife and I tuned in and watched, silently and stunned. Even Canadians like me should never forget, I sure won't. Not long after, I made a video of multiple rockets striking the Kaaba, using an iPhone app my son had. Wish I still had that, but I did share it with my cousin in Washington State, ex-military and a good guy.

It took me until last year to watch any more footage. Just couldn't bear the idea. I went though a fair number of Youtube videos and let myself get as sad and outraged as I wanted to, and it really brought home just how hateful and destructive Islam is. None of that crap about "moderate Islam" has worked with me anyway; someone said it best in a post here at CO: a moderate Muslim is the one who holds you down while the radical Muslim beheads you.

This is tangential but relevant I think: the October 7 mass murders and the reaction to them reminded me of 9/11 in one way - both events caused Palestinians to dance in the streets with joy. Fight the encroachment of Islam wherever you can, and don't despair! You are all my brothers and sisters.