I drove Mrs. S to work so I could have her nicer car to drive around today. (I know what's good for me: when we trade in one of our older cars, I get what was formerly the newer one, she gets the new one.) Delivery trucks are there all the time, and as I've mentioned, nigger drivers always, ALWAYS cause trouble for us.

This one had pulled up in front of the building, and far enough from the curb it almost made it difficult, but not impossible to get around. The parking lot has two lanes in front of the building to accommodate deliveries and people trying to get through. So what did this nigger do? It got out and was just standing there in the middle of the other lane, staring at God knows what, then started staring at me when it heard me approaching. The back of its truck was open, but I didn't see anything inside, so what was it doing? Meanwhile I'm trying to get through, and either it's too stupid to realize that, or it's making a stand against YT by making me go a long way around. I'm glaring at it, throwing up my hands in the "Come on what are you doing!" way, then waving in the opposite direction. Finally it got the clue and...hopped back in its truck to sit down, the back still open.

Segregation prevented problems like this. It simply did.