Close

Likes Likes:  0
    Mushmouth
    Chimpout Guest

Devan Southerland makes $25K a year and has student loan debt, how can she buy a house for $380K?

Devan Southerland knows she wants to purchase a home in Baltimore City. She is cautious, though, after hearing about how predatory lenders disproportionately targeted minority homebuyers a decade ago. "I just want to be smart about it," Southerland says. "Because I know a lot of black people suffered during the whole housing crisis and whole subprime lending issue that happened a few years ago."

In the historic Baltimore neighborhood of Bolton Hill, Southerland and her 10-year-old son, Liam, tour the tree-lined streets and dream about one day purchasing a home in this culturally diverse enclave. Average home prices in the neighborhood, known for its 19th century architecture, go for about $380,000.

Southerland is 39 years old and she is juggling a lot. As a legal assistant, she makes about $25,000 a year. She saves what she can but is also working on a master's degree in human services and has student loans.
    https://www.npr.org/2018/08/07/63249...rship-persists

Chimpout Member
    Corrections Officer

Post Thanks / Like

Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    It should live in a hut....... GD I hate NPR assholes!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	platelip 4.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	369.8 KB 
ID:	4741
    Black privilege is getting to act like a fucking chimp in public and then having the balls to make everybody else apologize.

Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing niggers are suffering from is low IQ.