Close

Likes Likes:  0
    Mushmouth
    Chimpout Guest

Freezing niglets in Baltimore schools are racist

Earlier this week, amid freezing temperatures, students across Baltimore City returned from winter break to face unheated classrooms. About 60 schools -- nearly one-third of the entire system -- reported issues, leading to the closure of four schools on Wednesday and early dismissal in two others. The teacher's union condemned the conditions as "unfair and inhumane." And teachers quickly took to social media to post images of shivering students and thermostats registering harsh temperatures.

With a closer look at the images, it was hard to miss the color of the children -- almost every single one black or brown. Classrooms of freezing children of color is the epitome of systemic racism, laid bare.
    http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/04/opinio...ock/index.html

Boy
    Chimpout Guest
    To bad they didn't decide to break out those racist space heaters, we could have seen plenty of

rockfisherman
    Chimpout Guest
    let them freeze---then put a stick in the butt and let bill cosby sell them as frozen pudding pops

Senior Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guess if mammy was working and treydontovious had a father not soaking up tax dollars in prison the nigger schools could afford to pay the heat bill. But it is racist. Wait a second... Isn't the mayor black? Isn't the school superintendent black? The principal is black to, am I right? Hold on, hold on... Yep, city officials are black to. Gosh it sure looks like racism to me...

EDIT: I felt I had to reply to this one.

The teachers cost may be part of the problem why there is no money left for maintenance. Base wages data shows starting at 48k to 102k and i don't think those numbers include benefits and pension amounts. I know in my state those packages add another 30k to the wage
    My Reply
    So lets take those numbers into consideration. The fiscal year 2018(current) budget for Baltimore schools is $1.31B. That is BILLION. $1,310,000,000 dollars. There are 80,592 students in all grades combined. That comes out to 16,130 per student.

There are 34 chartered schools. If you divided it up into even numbers that is 2371(rounded up) per school.

With an average of 25 students per class that would give you 95 teachers per school rounded up. 3230 teachers not including other staff. We know that sometimes this is higher but that would actually lower the cost I am about to quote.

I took the high end of your scale at $132K per teacher and that works out to $426,360,000

$883,640,000 Left in the budget. Where is it going?

BTW my ref numbers for budget and student numbers came from http://www.baltimorecityschools.org/...by_the_numbers
    Last edited by Bottle_of_Hate; 01-08-2018 at 02:27 PM.

Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    I knew a lady that moved from DE to MD about 4 years ago. She was stunned when I told her what it would cost to re-register her vehicle in MD. The first thing out of her mouth on learning how much flesh they would take was......

"FUCKING BALTIMORE!!!"

Trustee
    Captain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    To bad they didn't decide to break out those racist space heaters, we could have seen plenty of
    I have a good source for used kerosene space heaters. I'll personally donate every one I can get my hands on. And enough gasoline to fuel them all for a week!

Senior Trustee
    Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, schools are typically funded with local tax dollars. When the entire "local" is on the federal dole, no wonder things get a bit sideways...