Close

Likes Likes:  0
    CoonTownYT
    Chimpout Guest

ISIS Was Defeated in Iraq - Now Who's Gonna Pay to Rebuild?

Trump says he won't, thankfully. If he does, I swear I'll never forgive him.

Something tells me they won't be asking Muslim countries for gibs.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/is...d-iraq-n833071

MOSUL, Iraq — For nearly 2˝ miles along the western bank of the Tigris River, hardly a single building is intact. The warren of narrow streets of Mosul's Old City is a crumpled landscape of broken concrete and metal. Every acre is weighed down by more than 3,000 tons of rubble, much of it laced with explosives and unexploded ordnance.

It will take years to haul away the wreckage, and this is just one corner of the destruction. The Iraqi military and*U.S.-led coalition succeeded in uprooting the Islamic State group across the country, but the cost of reconstruction is nearly incalculable.

Three years of war devastated much of northern and western Iraq. Baghdad estimates $100 billion is needed nationwide to rebuild. Local leaders in Mosul, the biggest city held by IS, say that amount is needed to rehabilitate their city alone.

Super Moderator
    Senior Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or just bulldoze whats left.

It will be a great improvement.

Boy
    Chimpout Guest
    Gee, last time it was "rebuilt" after desert storm, Bush and Dick Chaney and his company Halliburton and the (NO Contract Bids) rebuilt it or should I say pocketed all the money to rip the tax payers off.

I see this happening again unless Trump stops it dead in it's tracks.

Senior Trustee
    Corrections Officer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sam Kinison did a thing about countries we went to war with and the audacity they showed. Went along like this.

"Hey, USA, can you help us out? Our economy is shit, our roads are destroyed, our infrastructure is completely ruined, our people are starving and demanding changes, can you guys help us out and rebuild our country?"

"NO! That was our M.O.! Drink your poisoned water, breath your poisoned air, eat your toxic food, OH OH OH!!!!!"