PDA

View Full Version : Asslifter found guilty of obstruction for refusing to give passwords to UK investigators

Sandy
09-26-2017, 02:39 PM
I'll say straight out that no one on this site is bigger about civil liberties than me. I don't believe people should have turn passwords over. But with this asslifter, there was a damn good reason he was detained in the first place, and that's called suspicion of terrorism. Now remember how much UK intelligence turns a blind eye to asslifters. There must have been something huge to make this one stand out.

A London court today found Muhammad Rabbani guilty of willfully obstructing the police by failing to hand over device passwords and the PIN code for his smartphone after he had been detained at a UK airport.

Rabbani is international director of Cage, an advocacy organization for communities impacted by Western counterterrorism policies.

He says he had been returning from a business trip to the Middle East last year when he was detailed and questioned. He declined to provide his passwords because he said he wanted to protect sensitive information provided to Cage by a client who had been subjected to torture.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/traveler-refused-device-passwords-police-175748991.html